No announcement yet.

Authenticity of monks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Iron cross you are very right about what you are saying. it could be the case with the believers just like you say so i'll have to be patient. I think Arhat is working on a super duper answer that is going to blow us all away! Or maybe he's just gonna come at me with a long attacking letter about my narrowmindedness etc. I think it might be best for you to ceep your distance, don't talk to me in a positive manner because you too will be struck by their wrath then. There is no need for you to get bombarded aswell, I startet the "beef" so i'll take the verbal abuse my self, but thanks for the understanding though.

Comment

What was the question again? Seriously I don't have time to go through this thread again.

Comment

Hell I think even I forgot....
        The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

The question was and is- Do you consider Shi yan ming a real monk? Very easy to answer. Shaolin is a BUDDHIST temple is it not? Is this type of behaviour even acceptable for a normal person? How can anyone call these maniacs monks?

Comment

After 3 years of training under him I look at it this way. If you are a practicing buddhist monk you should be held to a higher standard when it comes to desires, pleasures of the flesh, all night binge drinking, eating meat. If these things are in a persons behaviour I woud not classify them as practicing monk. I think there is a chance he could have been once. Since I don't live in China I couldn't know for sure. He is knowledgable about buddhism. He also seems to know how to apply it in practical life.

Now Sifu Hengxin is on the ex-monk tip. Yet he won't drink or eat meat regardless.

Comment

I thought this thread was asking about UK monks???
              The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

I guess you have all read the article from killjoy LFJ about Shi yan ming. Well it's all good and all but if we accept his teachings it means I'm no longer a shaolin monk. But on the other hand who would know- I'll stay a monk just like the rest of those hustlers. I'll still get followers since no one around here knows anything about shaolin or buddhism etc. I am enjoying being a monk especially as I came so close to tricking a girl into touching my qi manifestation yesterday. I told her: Girl do your ji ben gong in front of me it will raise my qi! And so it did!!!

Comment

This is entertaining. You guys have no clue what you are talking about....am I to believe you found and trained at a shaolin school to become a religious monk?? Learn Buddhism?? LOL, what is a "REAL" monk?? Anyone here know? The monks here in the USA will tell you for the most part the difference between the lifestyles of a "monk" in China and in the USA. They may even give you an insight as to how they feel about the modern issues. I think most of you ex-disgruntled shaolin students were the ones really caught up in the mysticism of a shaolin monk.....and when you realized that the monks were just ordinary people capable of doing wrong or commiting a sin you guys ran off and started the pow wows. Perhaps maybe some of you should try and pick up a phone and ask your own questions to the monk himself...it would take a lot of your guessing.

Iron Cross, really how long did you last at SYM school?? You kind of strike me as the kid who finds out when Santa Claus is not real, then all of a sudden Christmas is fake and ba humbug who needs Christmas....
                  http://americanshaolinkungfu.org/3.html

Comment

Santa Claus IS real.... Dont ever say otherwise...

I've already answered something similar to this.. i forget where actually i dont care enough to find out.. if you really want to know my response to what you just wrote do some searching and find it I dont care enough to do it myself...

For the record I was under the firm belief since day 1 at yan mings school that we would all go into the mountains together and live and work in a temple... we would grow our own food and lvie off the land while training all day long... in times of crisis we would step up to defend the land.. whether it be dragons or pirates or evil wizards the students of shaolin would be there to protect the people... Then when i was real old i would be so bad ass in kug fu it would be like those old masters in the movies... i would return to teh city and take on an apprentice street kid who has had minor trouble with the law but is redemed through my teachings and goes on to fight the mob or something...

Then when it was all said and done i would leave my physical body and travel the universe as glowing ball of Qi....

Now... was that so much to ask??? why did yan ming have to go and ruin my dreams??? why i ask ya why???

oh yeah spent nearly 4 years there...

Comment

hahahahahahah hahahaha ahahah Iron cross your sick man!!!! I loved your glowing ball of qi!!!!!!!!! I'm laughing my ass of here in Sweden damn!!!

Comment

By the way. songshan monk. I am not saying that there are no real monks at all. I'm just harrasing all the fake ones that misslead people and give shaolin a bad name. If you are not a monk don't say you are and don't go around acting like yo're the shit because you are something you're not. This is very simple and understandable. The reason why it becomes such a heated debate is because some people insist on defending these hustlers no matter what they do- this is ridiculus(pardon my lousy spelling). You cant live exactly like I do and then claim you're a high mighty monk- no way. And if you dont know what a monk is read about it from LFJ he explains it in grate detail.- Shaolin is a buddhist temple is it not then read up about it if you don't know its good knowledge. Alcohol and sex is not buddhism!!!! But so many have tried to claim it's okay....... as i said riddiculus( pardon spelling).
                        An addtional part of the problem is that these so called monks behaviour is worse than a lot of ordinary people. The same scandals seam to follow these gready bastards whereever they go. THe things i hear from you in the states and from other countries aswell i see in Sweden- they're the same!!! Gready cheating even each other for money not only students. They don't even teach any real gong fu only acrobatics and call it gong fu or wushu. In any case as Iron cross and many others have said- you can get much better wushu training elsewhere. Getting involved with their female students etc... All these things from people who claim to be monks- NO WAY it's not acceptable, its not acceptable from any one else either. thats why a lot of people are riding down on the so called monks- not only because of the revelation of them not being monks. Understand? These guys are hustlers thats it. Not all of them but deffinetly most of them

Comment

Last thing- By their standards I too am a monk. This i have learned from my dear friends Arhat and Chicken. My monk name - Secret qi gong master Shi yan-LU

Comment

Hmm something you just said made me raise an eyebrow... Your right in that their behavior isnt even respectable when the average joe does it... I mean if i had a friend that acted like some of these guys i would quickly lose his number.... wait that sounds a little too familar... anyways... I think if your supposedly a religious figure or spiritual leader of some kind in any capacity then you need to exhibit some quality or behavior thats above the average person.... and not because you are required to but because you simply know better... i mean hell I know better and i never lived in a monastary.....

Now if your suggesting that its ok then you imply that they either dont know better or know what they are doing and dont care... either one seems off to me... if they dont know better than what could you learn from someone so clueless?? If they know but dont care then why bother with such an ass to begin with??

Comment

I am not sure what you mean but i agree that there is no use wasting your time with such asses.

Comment

As I said before, birds of the same feather flock together. You guys
                                basically put down the monks call them fake because of their behavior
                                then basically say they are not real shaolin monks....then we move to
                                well its really not shaolin kung fu they are teaching but acrobatic
                                wushu, etc etc. It's the same bullshit over and over. It appears most of
                                you have moved on from shaolin but yet you all have a keen insight to degrade whatever you can. I thought if a person didn't like something or
                                didn't agree with it they would put it behind them move on and wouldn't waste another minute on something they didn't like. Why don't you guys pick up the phone and talk to the monks?

lol, yeah ok. So you are saying real monks exist somewhere (but we are not sure where) and the basically you guys want to strip the current "monks" of their titles (even though most of them spent most of their childhood/adolescent years training at shaolin) because you believe they are all the same and they are all swindlers, right? Well excuse me, but who are you to be the judge, jury and executioner? They are not all the same and they are not all cheaters, swindlers, whatever. Most of you are basing your opinions on one monk from one school, but yet all of a sudden it's "all of them". That sounds like a stereotype to me. So what about all the cheating swindlers here already running the mc dojos with the "buy your black belt" programs. They are lieing and cheating students too. These guys are home grown in the USA but yet you are going to focus on Shaolin? lol, gimmie a break!

The Shaolin Temple has always been recognized and known for the origin
                                of kung fu/martial arts. Always has been always will. The shaolin temple may have one time been an exclusive monastery (perhaps hundreds of years ago) but that has changed and its been changing ever since. I don't ever remember reading about how shaolin temple was the best buddhist temple in the world like Jeruselem or Nazareth is to Christians. Iam not agreeing with all of the monks behavior as I stated before. Yes, there have been some that married, had children, drink alcohol, etc. Some of them are poor business men but the fact of the matter is they are real and not fake as most of you claim. I never knew there were so many self righteous people whot post here that never committed a sin or did something wrong in their entire life.
                                http://americanshaolinkungfu.org/3.html

Comment

Working...
                                X