No announcement yet.

Thoughts on war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no, i meant they'd do it to the israeli...or american...or really anyone they're told to hate.

Comment

“There is no doubt, from all the intelligence we pick up from al-Qaida, that they want to do away with our way of life,” he told “Fox News Sunday.”

“And if they could use another catastrophic event, a tragedy like 9-11, if they could do that again, if they could get their hands on weapons of mass destruction and make it 10,000 (deaths), not 3,000, they would do that.”

Tom Ridge, from MSNBC today.

So, shall we open our homes to these people, and offer them gifts, kindness, and forgiveness?
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Come on, doc, dont you know?? if they blow up buildings its okay because we "deserved it"; if we attack them its because we want their oil.

I'm just glad that the opposition to this war, ultimately, has no effect on what is actually decided.

Comment

Doc, short answer yes with an if, long answer no with a but.....

Let me just say once and for all that the war on iraq will be inevitably be a cause of terrorist attacks against the United States, and not a solution to them.

Think about it, we're trying to bomb people so they'll stop being hateful towards us.

Who was it that said "Hell is the impossibility of reason" ?
          Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

"Let me just say once and for all that the war on iraq will be inevitably be a cause of terrorist attacks against the United States, and not a solution to them. "

incorrect; our existance and way of life is inevitably the cause of terrorist attacks against the united states.

Comment

Personally, I think the war on Iraq will eventually lead to peace in the Middle East. Other Arab countries will start to fall in line, much as Libya just did. They'll realize that the old ways are not going to be productive. Eventually, the Palestinians will see their support from other countries wither away; they'll eventually realize that the only way that they'll exist is to exist peacefully with Israel.

It will all start to fall into place. Sometimes a show of force is necessary to obtain peace; look at WWI and WWII.
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

holy crap....i like you doc; ur one of the few people in forum circles who seems to see things about this the same way i do.

kick ass

Comment

Yes, let's look at WWI. Let's look at the oppression of the german people under the treaty of versailles after WWI. Lets consider that the only reason Hitler was able to seize power was the miserable living conditions in germany under the sanctions of the treaty. It was the angst of an oppressed people that provided Adolf Hitler with support from the german nation. If the german economy had been good after WWI and not crippled by debts to the rest of europe in addition to economic sanctions, then no one would have cared much about Hitler's fanatacism. Force perpetuates war. If it creates a peace it is usually only temporary as those who have been forced down strive to plot their retribution. I see no reason why it will be any different here. And don't misunderstand me, I would love to be wrong about this. Only time will tell though.

As for "peace in the middle east" there has been sporadic and continued bouts of warfare throughout the middle east for as long as written history goes back in that part of the world. I don't think anyone will see a peace in the middle east that extends any further than the heart of one man.

Know peace within yourself, and perhaps those around you will learn through your example.

Comment

alright

alright, all i have to say is BULL****

yea so what, there has been war in the mideast as far as history dates back..guess what? its the same EVERYWHERE, how many wars has this country seen? how bout china? japan? s e asian? europe ingeneral? hmm how bout the russians? indian..no theres no war there either right? please, oh my god did i forget africa and south america? well slap me silly..

war happens, all the time..its a part of how we deal with things, just be glad your not in iraq and enjoy your damn freedom is what i say

and im not just talking to you dao, hope you dont see it that way

and what you said about the germans..yea great oh poor germans, yea they had it soo bad after wwi geez ya know i would feel bad for them if it werent for the fact that they were a bunch of baby killing psychos in the first war just as they were in the second, sorry they dont get empathy from me, atleast not the germans of the first half the century..i harbor no ill will towards any culture but cmon now, you wanna make germans out to be the victims go ahead, but your doing so out of ignorance

imho anyway

peace
                    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

As for "peace in the middle east" there has been sporadic and continued bouts of warfare throughout the middle east for as long as written history goes back in that part of the world.

Yes, WWI is kind of a bad example. But it did bring peace, temporarily, to Europe. As for peace in the Middle East, that's another way to look at it. Kind of my feelings also. Not sure if there will ever be true peace in that region; beliefs run far too strong for there to be compromise. Regardless of whether you kill them or "love" them.

russbo.com

Comment

Exactly my point Maestro. War happens. And it sure as hell does not create peace. Not unless you kill everybody. And even then, is that the sort of peace we want?

To be perfectly honest, I beleive war is a natural method of population control. I just don't beleive it will ever create a lasting peace. Its not that I beleive all wars are evil and wrong or anything that silly. I just beleive saying that you're fighting a war to create peace or bring an end to terrorism is a foolish and dangerous statement.

War is a perfectly natural phenomenon. Lying to yourself about the reasons you perpetuate war is unhealthy though.

Going to war for the wrong reasons at the wrong time is most always a foolish endeavor, as it is here.

I'm constantly reminded of things Sun Tzu wrote when I observe the boy kings foibles in foreign and military policy.

"If your state is not at rest, do not engage on military campaigns in foreign lands."

"There has never been a country which has benefited from prolonged warfare. Never."

Comment

well

well i just dont see it that way, i mean just think about what could have hapened if we DIDNT go to iraq..just think about that

and since weve been there we really cant just up and leave like bush senior did in the gulf war, we have to finish what we started

i think doc is right, i think this may lead to continued peace in surrounding nations in the mid east, i dunno about israel but...i think the better part of the war on terror and iraq will make things alot better
                          "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

To be perfectly honest, I beleive war is a natural method of population control

Now that is a true statement. Just part of the continuing cycle of life. Along with disease, pandemics, and disasters.

russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by doc
                              To be perfectly honest, I beleive war is a natural method of population control

Now that is a true statement. Just part of the continuing cycle of life. Along with disease, pandemics, and disasters.

dont forget the Darwin Awards--- a small percentage can count for a lot in evolution...

Comment

We need more Darwin awards. Haven't seen them in a while.

Back to our terrorist hunt. Forgetting about the consequences of the war, has anyone ever thought of the financial results of the Sept 11 attack, and how extensive that fiasco got? And how it has affected oh so many lives?

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X