No announcement yet.

The Truth about Shi Yan Ming & Iron X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arhat's completely right. It's purely a coincidence that the one student of SYM's who has popped up to defend him is Peter Pearson Traub, Jr., Esquire. And when his post attacked the credibility of Cross' evidence and attributed the accident to a pre-existing condition, that was all in the spirit of friendship and was not him performing his role as a lawyer. Clearly I've learned nothing about these things from working at a law firm for the past three years.
    Last edited by zachsan; 08-28-2006, 08:49 PM.

Comment

This is all getitng a little too strange for me..... Strange I find myself saying that alot these days in regards to USAST... lol
      The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

coincidence?

uhhh. it's a lot more probable that traub replied because he is one of the people who left cross there to die after dumping water on him, as cross puts it...but you are right...the real reason he replied is because Yan Ming is shitting his pants due to your and others expert legal advice here on russbo. But seriously Zach, let's be real here, Traub does not even have control over his own mind. Where ya been? Yan Ming does, no wait...it is even worse than that! RZA actually controls the minds! Ever since he invaded Traub's brain cavity through secret subliminal wu tang messages thus declaring himself Ultimate Ruler of the Atlantean Dimension with powers so magnificent they are known to humans only by the symbol "?".

Keep opening your mouth Zach, eventually some O2 will pass over the rear wall and maybe absorb into your brain. As it stands now it must suck for you to have such blue blood.

Predict any good lotto numbers lately by any chance, by virtue of this omniscience?
        "Arhat, I am your father..."
        -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Lord Cod? what are these docdollars for again? Just for the sake of Zach being an annoying twat can I pay to have him only post exclusively, and only exclusively receive posts from, Blooming Lotus?

I think that would be a good spend.
          -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

That's quite an imagination there, arhat, but if you'll look back I haven't called USAST a cult or talked about the Wu-Tang Clan in any capacity, and I didn't even suggest that SYM was "shitting his pants". Sufficiently scared (my words) to talk to a lawyer does not equal shitting one's pants.

And yes, this guy and SYM have talked about this. Omniscient I'm not, but if attorney Traub has really kept up a practice for more than 6 months, you can bet your ass he talked to SYM before posting a somewhat detailed account of what "really happened" at the class, complete with medical diagnoses.

Comment

Funny how fast taking one position contrary to arhat's can turn you into an "annoying twat". Calm down a bit chief.

Comment

Are you sure you are not omniscient?

I mean, yeah it seems like a good guess that they might have spoken about it, I mean duh...it wasn't exactly a small event and it concerned a lot of people. And so what if they did talk about it and so what if Zhi is a lawyer who sued medical malpractice suits so feels he has the background to accurately or innaccurately as the case may be, discuss what actually happened. Really what is odd is that you were not there but know what happened. You work in a law office, how often do you allow testimony in court from unconscious people. How often do you allow unconscious people to claim they were close to death with their own feelings and convictions alone to back them up. You're trying to give the kid advice as to what to do that is only going to twist him up. Zhi was the only one there other than Cross who is posting here. Nobody else is here or even wants to be for that matter. Of course you are free to infer from those factoids whatever you want, just as I am free to laugh at your suggestion that Traub was somehow chosen to "defend" SYM, or that he responded to Yi because he is a lawyer or gong fu brother (and in our temple that does mean something to some people)- I mean what comes next Sherlock, Zhi took him out and fed him as well- was that because he was a lawyer too, or has he responded here because he actually gives a shit about Yi, actually knows him, which is more than half the lot of you can really say, actually took care of him that night...ahem, pardon me, left him there to die with water dumped on him, so yeah feel free to infer whatever the f you want to, obviously you are imminently qualified to comment as you have worked in a lawyers office for 3 whole years...and oh...I don't know...you like the color blue.

P.S. I am quite at ease, in fact I am enjoying my superb afternoon, despite the fact that many of your assumptions are quite insulting to me personally, and I think even to Yi. But I am man enough to basically keep my mouth shut- for the most part. At least Yi has an excuse of having gone through a traumatic experience.

buh bye.
                -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Dang arhat I'm not even sure what to make of your replies....

I don't think I ever said in my origional post they threw water on me and said "leave him here to die!"... I did say they threw some water on me and went on training and I almost died....

I'm starting to find all of these replies rather insulting....

I'm surprised more people didn't take what zhi said more seriously... he was the only other one there... though his account of the event seems strange to me...

Likewise I'm surprised arhat is so quick to dismiss my account and poke fun at me after he talked to a few otehrs that were there that night... as if they would be fully forth coming about what happen...

Question: what happened to iron Cross monday? he said some crazy shit?
                  Answer: He collapsed from heat stroke and we left him in the corner after dumping a bucket of water on him because training was more important to us...

lol I got jokes....

Love how arhat never considered the fact that maybe people might be convering their asses with the whole event....

IN defense of Zhi he was super kind to me that night.. though this kindness seemed to manifest after I was concious again.... Treated me to dinner offered to let me stay with him... thats nice.... blah blah... and you give toys away during xmas to children makes everything better....

I doubt his intentions here were because he feared legal action against the temple or yan ming.... I already stated I didn't want to persue that avenue... Though it does seem like people are trying to forget the event or brush it off as no big deal and focus all the blame instead on me.... Yan Ming was in no fualt and did everything right... everyone there did everything right... Iron Cross is jsut a bitter confused child that is anger at his life so takes it out on yan ming and the people who did their saintly duty that night and saved his life from his own horrible intentions... PUHLEEEEZE....

I was talking toa friend of mine who was talking to another perosn from shaolin who said he was starting to doubt everything I said based on what others said and some of his own twisted logic..... I've brought this up before and no one bothered to answer my question... Why the hell would I make something like this up? What do I possibly gain from all this agrivation? attention? respect? what? I don't train there anymore... no do I intend to return given the state of things... Do't really care what anyone there thinks of me or my take on events... Give me some credit here... I'm a pretty smart guy if I wanted to make up some shit to make the place look bad I could do a hell of alot better than this.... Whats even more insulting is Arhat and the few others i've talked to, like ZHi, have known me for years.... Why so quick to draw insult? Is this what USAST is about? when someone leaves under any kind of negative circumstances you HAVE to attack them and break them down...

I got shit froma girl I used to be real close to during a conversation because I said this guys aprty in the hamptons was fun and you missed a fun weekend... She proceeded to bitch me out saying she said 2 months ago she wasnt going and I souldnt be so mean to her and what did I mean by that or this or whatever I said... Which was funny because I didnt say anything... I only said it wa sa fun weekend and to relax I wasnt yelling at you....

I did find it funny Zhi would be the one to post anything... I never see him on these forums...

I did find it funny when you said gong fu brother and that does mean something to some people at the temple... Well It meant alot to me when I was there... though now it seems to be meaningless... contempt from you, wolf, zhi, de, nai, ji, and lord knows who else.... yes yes my brothers.... my sisters... my family.... my friends...

I can see it all so clearly now...
                  The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

At least at Chen Yings when they leave me to die in a corner they cuddle afterwards....

Comment

Arhat, if you'll go back and look, I haven't assumed the validity of Cross' story either. All I've done is state somewhat obvious facts, that being that SYM has either consciously involved, or allowed to get involved of his own free will, a lawyer. Which would lead any reasonable person to conclude that he takes the matter seriously enough to want a lawyer to get involved on his behalf. That's it. The fact that this guy is a lawyer does not preclude him from genuinely caring about Yi, of course, any more than his caring about Yi would preclude him from approaching the situation as a lawyer.

Also, if you'll (again) go back and look, the only reason I got pissed off about the situation (at BL) was when she was defending SYM without contesting the facts of the story as told by Cross. If you're going to say that there was a lot more to it, fine, that's probably true. If you're going to take it for granted that SYM did in fact simply leave him on the floor while he was passed out, and then try to somehow defend that with "it's the culture" bullshit, I mean come on. And it's just common sense to recommend that someone talk to a lawyer when it comes to potential legal matters, same as you would tell someone to talk to a doctor if they found themselves passing out regularly. Neither screws anyone up.

Finally, I haven't personally insulted you at all, despite being called a mouth breather (how did that one ever get popular?) and an annoying twat. All I did was get excessively sarcastic, and what else are internet discussion forums for?

Comment

Originally posted by arhat
                        How often do you allow unconscious people to claim they were close to death with their own feelings and convictions alone to back them up.
                        Again, yet another comment that he was "unconcious". And, many comments about being overheated, after rigorous exercise.

Well, you guys have not played in the medical malpractice arena as I have. But, two things seem to be commonly thrown about from the Yan Ming side. "Unconciousness", and heat related. Seizures have been mentioned by many.

You know, those two things, "unconciousness" and heat related, should have equaled one thing. Ambulance. Emergency care.

Period. Especially with "seizures", regardless of what type they were.

Hate to say it Arhat, but the more comments the YanMing camp makes, the deeper the hole they dig.
                        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                        russbo.com

Comment

well then Zach I guess you could say I was just being excessively sarcastic. Don't read so much into the BL thing, I just found it slightly humorous that she was blindly defending something else she had no idea about, and honestly so far pretty much only Zhi and Yi are the ones who are qualified to even be discussing it, so yeah I lumped you in because your inferences, and those of most of the other people posting on this subject, are a little beyond. Plus I want to find something funny to do with all these docdollars. So why the thin skin, chief?

Yi- please don't speak about what I have and have not considered about this incident, or infer anything from my two posts on the subject that isn't there. I don't think I have taken any cheap shots at you at all, and considering some of the shit you have said, if I did sneak in any low blows I think you can forgive a little sarcastic riposte here and there, ie) you've blasted me with quite a few digs and all of them I have let slide, "****ing nuts" "cult" etc. I do consider some aspects of your story to be erroneous, or that you have filled in some gaps in a curious manner. Sorry. But that doesn't mean I dismiss what happened to you, quite the contrary, I have been sticking up for you. You once admonished people to not read too much into what you wrote on internet forums, and if they needed clarification they could ask you. If you feel that I have insulted you, feel free to point out where and you can reach me at my email address for an apology, where I feel all this shit belongs.

One thing about being family is you have to give family time to grow and handle things. It's not always a tit for tat. And if you walk out on people and shut the door...or even if you think the door gets shut on you...Sometimes you have to be the bigger person in the exchange of what families go through. You keep saying nobody was there for you. That you were about to die and nobody cared, everyone just kept training. Well as it turns out nobody else thought that you were seriously in danger of dying. And people were with you, caring for you, Zhi, Ming, Shifu...class stopped until people were sure you were okay...you didn't even know that. Even after you were told that, your account did not change to reflect that.

In case it is not obvious, I am out of this thread.
                          -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Originally posted by doc
                            Again, yet another comment that he was "unconcious". And, many comments about being overheated, after rigorous exercise.

Well, you guys have not played in the medical malpractice arena as I have. But, two things seem to be commonly thrown about from the Yan Ming side. "Unconciousness", and heat related. Seizures have been mentioned by many.

You know, those two things, "unconciousness" and heat related, should have equalled one thing. Ambulance. Emergency care.

Period. Especially with "seizures", regardless of what type they were.

Hate to say it Arhat, but the more comments the YanMing camp makes, the deeper the hole they dig.
                            well I am a liar. After this I will be out of this thread. You know what Doc, I hate to say it but it seems people are just really running with this and there are a lot of uncorrected assumptions. From the uniforms we train in on down. I take the passing out from Yi's account first, because he was out but knows what happened to him. Zhi says he was out for what...10 seconds or something...or was that how long the seizure lasted...I mean look, I was not there. And I'm tired of talking about it because no matter what you say everyone is just going to twist your words to get their AH-HA!!! to fit their belief. I don't believe in any one account on the face of it. I don't believe that if anyone was in serious concern for Yi's life, that they would not have called 911. Like I said, we have called them before.

What he suffered I also have no idea and don't claim to know. Yi says he was close to dying. Fine, you have to grant his experience from his perspective. But if he was close to dying I don't think a restaurant is where he would have been taken after class. If Zhi really thought Yi was seriously in danger of having died I don't think he would have let him drive home, whether it be 10 minutes from the temple or 1 hr or 2hrs. That's just my opinion, and I don't need to be in a cult to think that, and I don't think that because I hold this opinion it is somehow Yi's fault that this happened, or Yan Ming's. You know that license plate, "Shit happens." Well here we have an example of some shit happening. If anything I think people should have been made aware of what to do because obviously Yi overheats. I mean maybe, maybe Yi should have told people what he wanted to have done if he passed out. People should have known what to do. To be fair, Yi is the only one who has passed out like that. It's not like people could have seen him pass out and been like, oh shit he is dying. Maybe it would have been better if someone else should have taken it upon themselves to find out what to do if he passed out again. I mean, Yan Ming saying, "It's the heat," it just seems like an obvious conclusion, I don't think any sinister organ music kicked in.

Second, I work in education from time to time and I have seen kids pass out, faint, even have seizures, and come back around, and no ambulance is called just because someone passes out. Maybe this needs to be rethought, I don't know. It just seemed to be S.O.P. I've seen people pass out in the club industry all the time, I've even KNOCKED people out, and nobody calls an ambulance automatically. I mean, up to a year ago there wasn't even an ambulance to call.

bye.
                            -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Hey man this is America.... and people can't jsut get away with doing stupid shit because they are famous or well liked... I mean look at R. Kelly, O.J. Robert Blake, President Bush.....

Comment

Second, I work in education from time to time and I have seen kids pass out, faint, even have seizures, and come back around, and no ambulance is called just because someone passes out.
                                I had a girlfriend a long time ago, whose brother had such a severe seizure disorder, that it was not uncommon for him to have grand mal seizures a few times a day. Of course, a family that is aware of what to do in a situation such as this, does not call for medical help all the time; they would only call when things become "unusual" or "unexpected".

They also are familiar with the patient's medical history, and sometimes are trained at least, in basic first aid with respect to that history. Plus, they sometimes deal with it all of the time.

But, remember this. Someone who is overheated, from whatever cause, to the point of losing conciousness, and possibly seizing, has a serious problem that requires immediate medical care. That's my only point in this.
                                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                                russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X