No announcement yet.

fareheit 9/11 review - Roger Ebert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are you sure you're not just using politics as an excuse to barfight?

Comment

• from the NME, where i go to get all the news that really matters....

THE WHO's PETE TOWNSHEND has hit out at film-maker MICHAEL MOORE, calling him a "bully".

Moore, who has just released his new documentary 'Fahrenheit 9/11', wanted to use Townshend's song 'Won't Get Fooled Again' for the release.

However, the guitarist refused and now claims that Moore accused him of being in support of the war.

In a posting on his official website petetownshend.com, Townshend said: "I have nothing against Michael Moore personally... but I greatly resent being bullied and slurred by him in interviews just because he didn't get what he wanted from me."

He continued: "It seems to me that this aspect off his nature is not unlike that of the powerful and wilful man at the centre of his new documentary.

"He says that I refused to allow him to use my song 'Won't Get Fooled Again' in his latest film, because I support the war, and that at the last minute I recanted, but he turned me down," he continued.

"I have never hidden the fact that at the beginning of the war in Iraq I was a supporter. But now, like millions of others, I am less sure we did the right thing."

Producers of the film Miramaxapparently offered "well below" the going rate for music used in a film, according to Townshend, and claims that his publishers originally refused the request.

The guitarist then would not let the director use the song, despite offers of more money as he was "not convinced" by Moore's last film 'Bowling For Columbine'.

Townshend said: "I wish him all the best with the movie, which I know is popular, and which I still haven't seen. But he'll have to work very, very hard to convince me that a man with a camera is going to change the world more effectively than a man with a guitar."

However, in a statement issued by Moore, he said: "Last year The Who asked me to do a documentary on their career. I was sorry I had to tell them that due to my need to finish 'Fahrenheit 9/11' I would not be able to make their film for them. ... I am sorry I wasn't able to do The Who documentary like they wanted me to, but this is certainly no way for Pete to show his anger, and frankly it is very embarrassing for him to behave in this manner, as he is the greatest rock star who ever lived."

wrong again, mr. moore. it's iggy pop.

Comment

• They are the ones looking for an excuse to start a barfight. I'm just the guy to finish it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mortal
          Steve he is worth 15 million and that is it. The fact that you won't admit that is insane. I told you where to source his net worth. And it wasn't in some left wing propaganda or on the internet. It is in abook of facts.

So what is it Bush is a nazi? Is that what your saying?

You don't have to quote what I said if anyone could have read it in my post.

Steve do you believe everything you read on the internet. Duh!

You wake up punk! You talk like such a know it all meanwhile your some backwards hick.
          I don't believe everthing I read.. Never have and question everything. I was the one that found errors in my High School History Text Book and had the school get new books.
          Before you just attack me with your insults and name calling you better realize who the **** you are messing with.
          Bush being worth 15 million or 15 cents makes no point. Like I said before, Bush made money for the companies and not all for himself. You think he is telling everyone how much he is really worth? I am not saying that Bush is a Nazi, if you were not "too busy" and read the article and did your own research, you might see that Bush's family has a history of helping the enemy.

Stop attacking and start telling facts. USA is really looking like crap to the rest of the world and Bush is not doing the job that I want as a President.
          You Mortal have called me "left wing", "backwards hick" and many other things and I have not been name-calling you once.
          So shut the **** up or tell us something of substance!

I really don't care if I am right or wrong, I'm happy just to know that I brought a different view of things to the table. If you don't like the way I am, come to Vegas, let's go to church, buy me a beer and tell me all about it.
          Last edited by Steve; 07-15-2004, 11:53 PM.
          I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
          "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
          "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
          "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

• hmm, i guess i didn't really realize how bad it was...

The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not “insurgents” or “terrorists” or “The Enemy.” They are the REVOLUTION, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow -- and they will win.
            guess who said that...

...and now hezbollah is helping to distribute the film in lebanon and syria?
            Last edited by zachsan; 07-16-2004, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• Can someone tell me the difference between wushu and the traditional? My friend was saying it had something to do with the arm being or not being bent?

Comment

• If your stiff with low stances and a straight arm it is wushu. If you are loose with high stances and a big stomach it is traditional. Oh and a bent arm.

Comment

• and that's why michael moore is an asshole.

..... in other words, why this thread?

oh hell, i'm not one to talk.
                  Last edited by zachsan; 07-21-2004, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• The difference between wushu and traditional is that in wushu classes you have fun and you hang out with your teacher after class and get ice cream. In traditional shaolin classes you end up taking wing chun on the side. What up Arrigo? I've been learning from the vcd's. There better because you can actually finish the form.

Comment

• LOLO

Sorry Zachsan it is our weird abstract unassociated sense of humour. If we went out drinking one night you would get it.

Comment

• Ahh, I just came back from New York, ha. Finally, had a chance to visit the Big Apple. Anyway...

Steve: "I don't believe everthing I read.. Never have and question everything. I was the one that found errors in my High School History Text Book and had the school get new books.
                        Before you just attack me with your insults and name calling you better realize who the **** you are messing with.
                        Bush being worth 15 million or 15 cents makes no point. Like I said before, Bush made money for the companies and not all for himself. You think he is telling everyone how much he is really worth? I am not saying that Bush is a Nazi, if you were not "too busy" and read the article and did your own research, you might see that Bush's family has a history of helping the enemy.

Stop attacking and start telling facts. USA is really looking like crap to the rest of the world and Bush is not doing the job that I want as a President.
                        You Mortal have called me "left wing", "backwards hick" and many other things and I have not been name-calling you once.
                        So shut the **** up or tell us something of substance!

I really don't care if I am right or wrong, I'm happy just to know that I brought a different view of things to the table. If you don't like the way I am, come to Vegas, let's go to church, buy me a beer and tell me all about it."

Just wanted to point out that Steve made a damn good point right there. Mortal, sometimes, you do seem to talk a lot of **** to folks that don't agree with you; oh well, I guess it's 'cause you're very passionate in your beliefs. Not trying to bag on you or nothin', I'm sure you're a real cool guy, I just think it'd help for you to be a tad more open-minded sometimes.

And on a side note, difference between Traditional and Modern/contemporary Wushu? Well, in my opinion, traditional is effective for fighting, contemporary/modern Wushu is much less practical; it's more for professional exhibitions and competitions.

Anyway, as always, stay strong folks, and keep an open mind...
                        a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

• Lot of liberals in New York Meat. Did you talk to the carpetbagger goddess of the liberal world, good old thunder thighs Hillary?

lol.
                          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                          russbo.com

Comment

• meattosser

It has been a while but when did I call you those names?

I don't remember calling you any of those things.

If you could go back and show me where I would appreciate it.

Comment

• he was quoting steve-o.

btw, that **** about hezbollah still does scare me...

and here's a page from michael moore's website which i find quite humorous, if not for the reasons that mr. moore intended.

i especially liked:

How do we know they weren't properly questioned? Because Dale Watson, the No. 2 man and former head of counterterrorism at the FBI has said none of them were subjected to ‘serious’ interrogation or questions before being allowed to leave. In fact, we now know that at least two and perhaps more of the Saudis who were allowed to leave after Sept. 11 were under investigation by the FBI for alleged terrorist connections.
                              uh, i know a guy who said it wasn't serious! and there were investigations and ****!
                              Last edited by zachsan; 07-27-2004, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X