No announcement yet.

Thoughts on war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm missing the point here. dave, what were you responding to?

Comment

• He was responding to our inability to understand this stuff. I'd like to hear more from him. There is a lot to learn....
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

• doc has caught the correct

Also i was just chipping in my opinion saying as i am technically one of those nasty "ragheads" everyone was talking about before yet i have never worn a rag on my head and probably never will. Unless you are just being prejudiced to Arabs of course.

Pretty much also trying to point out that the generalizations about muslims and islam (us "eevil moozlems" who have some backwards religion that only thinks about 72 virgins in heaven and killing ourselves with Muhammad being a paedophile etc etc) are exactly like the generalizations some of the real "eevil moozlems" are making against "the West" (generic) and "the USA" (also generic).

I mean its fine - theres a war going on - everyone is patriotic and supports their "team" - im just trying to show a little from the "other side" as i am technically stuck in the middle - being a 100% scottish convert to Islam living in the UK. But there is also an internal "war" going on within Islam right now but it is overlooked because of all this shouting and banging about "terror". Not to mention all the other stuff that many Christian leaders and such are saying about Islam too.

anyway, if anyone is interested i can post some more? If not then i wont

take care,
        dave
        simple and natural is my method,
        true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

• Feel free to enlighten us...maybe i missed where someone was calling muslims/arabs ragheads, but much of the last couple of posts was just said jokingly- considering the stuff people say about my religion and the cartoons people have drawn about the leader of both my countries, i dont really feel bad at all making a joke back.

dont get me wrong tho, i do appreciate the information that you have posted seeing as how most of the info about Islam that one gets is either overwhelmingly negative or suspiciously positive.

Comment

• being a 100% scottish convert to Islam living in the UK
            Dave, are you afraid?

Just wondering.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

• hey guys no problems - like i said was just letting you see another angle

Doc - no why do i need to be afraid? Outwardly im not any different (again culture mixed with religion if youre imagining the caps, big beards, robes and scarves etc). The beard wouldnt be too good for training kung fu (especially low stances and turns) with anyway

But seriously, if i am an honest and moral person (which is funnily enough what Islam teaches), who tries to contribute positively to society - then how can that be a bad thing? Whatever my religious affiliation is? I thought secularism (apart from in france!) was all about not promoting one religious affiliation against the others? But thats my naivety of politics kicking in...

Actually if you fear persecution and troubles it becomes obligatory for you to become safe - even if it involves hiding your religious beliefs and practices - or even in rare cases relocating (both these teachings are directly from Quran and can be seen in the prophet Muhammads life example). But thankfully like i said there is really no difference between me and any other decent person, apart from externally i dont drink alcohol or eat pork etc. My parents still do however and there is no problems either way (i am currently living with them right now). Apart from the sickly sweet smell bacon has when its being fried or grilled makes me feel queasy nowadays

dave

Comment

• speaking of bacon, i have a question about that...

i guess it dosent really matter why in the long run, but one way or another religious Jews AND Muslims both avoid pork as food...ive always wondered how this works for people who have had pork then decided to follow the creed as opposed to people who have never had it. i'm thinking of stopping to eat meat altogether sometime in the futyre when i've made enough sense of it (if...that makes sense...), i guess my question is for you, and i'm assuming you have eaten and maybe maybe not enjoyed pork in the past, do you feel that knowing the taste of it makes it more difficult to avoid than if you had just never tasted it?

just curious, cuz like i said im thinking of embarking on a restraint like that. i havent drank any alcohol in the past 5 years, and by that i mean NOTHING, zilch...i try not even to smell a drink but its easy for me because i never really liked it.

i guess i'm asking really anyone whos reading this.

Comment

• oh yup i loved pork - especially chinese roast pork (char siu). My family generally eats a lot of it because it is very cheap here - even compared to chicken or turkey.

i never really had a problem not eating it - no withdrawl symptoms or anything like that... like i said now the smell makes me feel queasy, as its so sweet - which aint right for meat yo

dave

Comment

• thats how i am with alcohol, but it was easy for me because of a bad experience which cost my friend gigh-school credit.

Comment

• yeh never liked alcohol much either, havent drunk alcohol since i was 14

dave

Comment

• Neither have I.

God, when was I 14....

russbo.com

Comment

• only God can remember that far back huh?

dave

Comment

• i dont have that problem, i was born 18 knowing everything.

assuming, of course, there is very little to know...

Comment

• Dave, maybe you should be afraid.....

LOL

russbo.com

Comment

• those sound like fightin' talk Doc???

dave

Comment

Working...
                                X