No announcement yet.

Thoughts on war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and doc, on behalf of the antiBushies, thanks for that post on the top of the page, it was as amusing as it was frightening.
    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

It was amusing. And some of the stuff is true. But, some of it is misdirected. And, things change in life. At the time, Iraq was the lesser of two evils. It suited our "policy" at the time. But, if you look throughout history, this isn't the first time we've been friendly with an eventual enemy. Happens all the time.

Things change.

Now let's hope that they start changing for the better.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Yeah, no more friends...

It sucks when ideals and reals don't connect, but thats the way it goes.
        practice wu de

Comment

cassius
          of course its ridiculous its ALL ridiculous!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkDao
            "sometimes, when you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you"
            i know a lot about the abyss kid and believe me it does.

didn't nietzsche also say whatever dosent kill you makes you stronger? well 9/11 didn't kill us! bush got the right idea putting a bounty on their terrorist heads. you want to get warm and fuzzy with these people then warm them up. we did it with the japanese. it was war then its war now drop a couple a nukes on them and see if any one ever f***s with us again.
            i know what your thinking but we got a lot more than they do. then there's clouds of radiation swirling around the globe right? well we all gotta go sometime. life's a bitch.

you know, Dark Dao, i am all for the war in Iraq and im glad we went into Afghanistan, but when you say 'drop a couple a nukes on them and see if any one ever f***s with us again' thats just idiotic. we DID drop atomic bombs on people, and we have STILL been ****ed with. not only that, but now the game is different and there are others with nukes.

dont be so angry, man. argue your point through something other than jockish testosterone.

Comment

Yes, but not with the people that we dropped the atomic weapons on....

Just for everybody's edification.
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

just talkin redneck my sarcasm got lost in translation. all ridiculous…………..i don't think to many japanese soldiers were killed in the atomic blasts only a whole lot of civilians. we aren't talking german or japanese , the jews stopped being mass executed we stopped some real evil there but we did some to. there was talk of droping nukes on vietnam that would have ended the war alright saved american lives but would it have been better ? vietnamese had to be nice to vc when they passed through a village and then be nice to americans when we passed through the villagers just wanted to live they were killed by both sides if they were caught. in the end it was all politics, now if we had gone into cambodia that would have been a worthy fight against pol pot. we had to fight the world wars and i agree we have to fight terrorism. i'm all for assasination, i was all for the mercenaries that went to honduras to train locals in nicaragua to help in that Sandinista thing in the 80s, 'if I had a rocket launcher some son of a bitch would die'. dropping nukes in the middle east would destroy the people arabs and jews and christians and of course all the black gold we want sooo much and of course throw a lot of sand in the air to block out the sun and there's the radiation falling on the grass the cows eat and give milk our children drink. but then we all gotta go sometime life's a bitch.

Comment

well

well, since vietnam was a police action not a war, there were things we were "restricted" to doing, like bombing facilities and such in northern vietnam

some people say if we declared war on them we would have won the war alot easier because we would have had more room to make tactical decisions instead of just "ZERGING" them, regardless..we were all over se asia during that war, china to

was a ****ed up situation
                  "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

There was a plan to nuke Hanoi during the Vietnam war. It was almost carried out too.

Special forces soldiers practiced getting out of a sub in the nearby harbor, while the sub was underwater, and swam the one or two miles up an underwater sewer drain, deep into the heart of underground Hanoi. The plan was to see if they could do it (they could), for the possible future event of putting an underground nuclear weapon under Hanoi.

But, because of the Chinese, and their unknown intentions, our beloved politicians restricted the military with respect to how they fought the war.

russbo.com

Comment

Thoughts of Back to School...

The Exchange between Rodney Dangerfield and Sam Kinneson...lol
                      practice wu de

Comment

The fact that a human's death is inevitable does not mean it is a sensible idea to poison one's entire community.
                        Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

From the mouths of babes.

My niece e-mailed me a passage from a book I sent her she thought was prevelant to the state of things. "Tito (uncle) is this the way things were in the Middle-East now?"

"...There was once a time when the Chinese could just make up stories and write them down. They didn't have to be afraid of enemies attacking. They could make gardens instead of forts. They could walk out at night without any weapons and look up at stars.
                          Master Chen calls it 'peace.' It is hard to think there really is such a thing. I find it easier to believe that a warrior can fly through the stars in a magic chariot. However, the history books and Master Chen all say peace really existed."
                          "Little Tiger heard me and just laughed. He says that peace for the Chinese is bought only by crushing people. Freedom is more important."

-"Lady of Ch'iao Kuo, Warrior of the South, 531 C.E.", by Laurence Yep.
                          The Lady of Ch'iao Kuo is her offical title in the "Standard History of the Sui Dynasty", the Sui shu.
                          LADY OF CH'IAO KUO, Warrior of the South; Southern China, A.D. 531 (The Royal Diaries) by Laurence Yep

Ah, the difference between a child's story & hard reality. At 13 living on an island in S.E. Asia it's difficult to view the whole world. Still formulating a reply…

Comment

From an Israeli intelligence website:

The banner headline spread across the front page of Il Giornale, the respected Milan daily reads:

“Al Qaeda: We will destroy New York within 35 days. Threat on the Internet. Countdown begins.”

The threat was contained in a video clip featured on a web site associated with the fundamentalist terror group. It announced al Qaeda plans to destroy New York in a nuclear blast on February 2. Il Giornale claims the FBI blocked and removed the web site.

The video clip showed three possible scenarios: 1. A bomb or giant fireball from the skies that will cover the metropolis with a radioactive cloud. 2. A storm of radioactive clouds that will topple skyscrapers one by one, along with the Statue of Liberty and Brooklyn Bridge. 3. An explosion on board a charter aircraft that will cause a radioactive cloud to spread over the city.

The video clip was accompanied by large, red-lettered Arabic captions saying: “If God wills it, the end of America is near.”

russbo.com

Comment

“If God wills it, the end of America is near.”
                              Sweet, I'm glad I just finished my big project at work.

I think we still need to step back from all of this, get to the root of the problem, and take them out.
                              practice wu de

Comment

Someone sent me a very powerful web site listing, which I've reproduced on this site, so that it doesn't "get lost".

You can find it in the COMMUNITY / EDUCATION / SEPT 11 section of the java script menu.

It kind of puts this discussion into perspective, so to speak.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X