Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onesp1ng
    replied
    yeah ultimately, we're all apart of society fu. people who're perceived to be socially inept dangerous etc even 'the freaks' well they make up a large percentage of the world's population. maybe even the majority. that's why the difference between one's so-called 'i' and the ills of society are so interrelated.

what is right and wrong? i mean, if "fighting is bad," as you put it, why do so many people do it then? use it as a threat? why not say i'll kick your ass in a good old-fashioned game of chess or something? why does it always come down to physical displays or aggression?

even yourself, for example, didn't seem to hesitate in starting a fight upon first joining russbo. you suggested stabbing someone in the neck, if they offended your clan. this all, of course, seemed pretty 'gang-like' and 'socially unacceptable' to me, but it's apparently fine and 'acceptable' to you. so how can one be sure... they're actually not speaking about themselves... while pointing fingers at others?

the saying goes, 「畫虎畫皮,難畫骨。知人知面,不知心。」one may know a person for a long time without understanding his or her true nature. in this case it seems to take on a bit of a double meaning.

Leave a comment:

• master splinter
    replied
    Btw

here it comes. A barrage of excuses such as..."i dont have to prove anything to you" and " i dont have any videos or pictures to share"... along those lines...

Whatever, losers like you end up getting enough pity to survive, so im not worried.

Leave a comment:

• master splinter
    replied
    Like it or not, these people are still members of society. In your own personal opinion, you can cast them out of society and deem them to be inhuman. But the fact remains that they are still human, and most are still part of society.

I can agree to a certain extent that people know right from wrong. There are certain cases where an individual or group of people are so traumatized that they can forget. There is also mental illness.

So that is your ideal? simply Take away their humanity? easy for you to say. But Its not gonna happen.

A teacher is a person who is already accomplished in what they are teaching. Just because you claim to be a martial artist and know some esoteric possibly nonexistent style. Real or not, being a good martial artist does not necessarily make you a good person.

You can see the example in the founder of aikido ueshiba's philosophy, and how he transformed his art into one with no attacks, this is a prime example of martial virtue. As opposed to these guys Yapping their traps selling woof woof tickets, using simple parlor tricks that anyone can do, like breaking bottles filled with water, etc.

To teach character, takes superior character. So i dont think this Clown Fu Pay character has it in em anyway.

And he claims to be a teacher too?

I feel sorry for the world, i really do...

Youre still a fraud in my book.

Though i leave you a chance to prove yourself.

For a real martial artist, that shouldnt be hard at all.

Leave a comment:

• master splinter
    replied
    Like it or not, these people are still members of society. In your own personal opinion, you can cast them out of society and deem them to be inhuman. But the fact remains that they are still human, and most are still part of society.

I can agree to a certain extent that people know right from wrong. There are certain cases where an individual or group of people are so traumatized that they can forget. There is also mental illness.

So that is your ideal? simply Take away their humanity? easy for you to say. But Its not gonna happen.

A teacher is a person who is already accomplished in what they are teaching. Just because you claim to be a martial artist and know some esoteric possibly nonexistent style. Real or not, being a good martial artist does not necessarily make you a good person.

You can see the example in the founder of aikido ueshiba's philosophy, and how he transformed his art into one with no attacks, this is a prime example of martial virtue. As opposed to these guys Yapping their traps selling woof woof tickets, using simple parlor tricks that anyone can do, like breaking bottles filled with water, etc.

To teach character, takes superior character. So i dont think this Clown Fu Pay character has it in em anyway.

And he claims to be a teacher too?

I feel sorry for the world, i really do...

Leave a comment:

• Fu Jow Pai
    replied
    Originally posted by onesp1ng View Post
    please, tell that to the millions and millions of people incarcerated in prison, children growing up in impoverished areas, people with anger problems, gang members, men who beat their wives, women who physically abuse their men, or even just to the common 'joe' who thinks fighting is cool...

i think you'll find there are more people who haven't learned that lesson than you're aware of. in fact, the assumption itself shows your lack of understanding. and as a teacher, you (especially) have the responsibility to educate others about why it is you do what you do.
    I see your point.

To an extent, i agree, however, what we do and who we are is governed by personal choice. So yes there are exceptions to the rule, and no, i shouldn't generalise. But everyone knows whats right and whats wrong regardless of who you are. Or where you come from.

And back to what i just said, if you don't then you aren't really a member of society, I.e. you are in prison, or a gang member that robs and kills people for drugs, or a person who hits the one theyre supposed to love. These are all seen as things that are NOT socially acceptable, and if we lived in a place where all us assholes couldn't debate like this endlessly then those that are seen as socially inept, (see examples above) would be dealt with in in an equally horrific way.

However, withing my role as an instructor, it is my responsibility to educate and help. Even if it is like bashing my head against a wall.

Leave a comment:

• onesp1ng
    replied
    Its a lesson if it isn't already instilled into you, which if it isn't means you're not really a member of society.
    please, tell that to the millions and millions of people incarcerated in prison, children growing up in impoverished areas, people with anger problems, gang members, men who beat their wives, women who physically abuse their men, or even just to the common 'joe' who thinks fighting is cool...

i think you'll find there are more people who haven't learned that lesson than you're aware of. in fact, the assumption itself shows your lack of understanding. and as a teacher, you (especially) have the responsibility to educate others about why it is you do what you do.

Leave a comment:

• Fu Jow Pai
    replied
    [quote]
    dogchow108 agrees: It's a lesson if you allow yourself to learn it
    master splinter disagrees: The words of a true idiot...[quote]

Its a lesson if it isn't already instilled into you, which if it isn't means you're not really a member of society.

If you need some kind of instructor to tell you that "fighting is bad" where have you been living?

In cockerels boot?

Leave a comment:

• master splinter
    replied
    Originally posted by Maestro View Post
    no onesp1ng thats common sense, unless your MS then you just cant help getting beat up
    Yeah, and if you're maestro, you never lose. Ever.

Leave a comment:

• onesp1ng
    replied
    thats not a lesson.
    well, that's a definitive response. lol..

Leave a comment:

• Fu Jow Pai
    replied
    Originally posted by onesp1ng View Post
    i thought lesson one was learning how to not get yourself in a fight in the first place.
    thats not a lesson.

Leave a comment:

• Maestro
    replied
    no onesp1ng thats common sense, unless your MS then you just cant help getting beat up

Leave a comment:

• onesp1ng
    replied
    lesson one is how important your foot work is
    i thought lesson one was learning how to not get yourself in a fight in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• Fu Jow Pai
    replied
    Originally posted by LFJ View Post
    not high kicks.. just your legs.
    Oh of course, lesson one is how important your foot work is, i think thats integral to every style(?)

Leave a comment:

• LFJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Fu Jow Pai View Post
    high kicks, like it or not are too slow and you need too much range to be able to use one effectively.
    not high kicks.. just your legs.

low ones to say the knee or box however are particularly effective.
    agree.

Leave a comment:

• master splinter
    replied
    And you insult yourself and your parents with your retarded meaningless existence.

hahaha. Youre such a little kid maestro.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X