No announcement yet.

What is "reverse breathing"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But neither the human body nor the lungs are flat rectangles. Here is a picture revealing the three dimensional nature of the human body.

The three dimensional area enclosed by the lungs is then outlined.

The box surrounding the lung is like the example box.

Comment

Which means that the Center of Action of the lungs, would be right in the center of the box containing the lungs.

OK. This is where we want to stop. This thread is about Normal Breathing and Reverse Breathing. The concept of the Center of Action of a moving object was introduced. Then it was pointed out how the lungs move when they breathe, so they must have a Center of Action. For simplicity, a simple box was drawn around the lungs, and that box represented both lungs.

Since the Center of Action of a simple box is it's physical center, then the Center of Action of the lungs, for a human being breathing with normal breathing as described by Doc and the medical community, would be in the physical center of the box representing the lungs.

In every class there is a genius. Maybe two. I was the genius in my classes. The geniuses always get left out, usually because the teacher is not as smart as they are. Some genius reading what I have written, probably knows all of this and can write it better than me. But just in case the geniuses reading this thread have missed something, I want to give them a present also.

Here is the picture of the skeleton with the position of the lungs outlined by a simple rectangle.

Comment

Since that is a simple rectangle, the Center Of Action of the lungs in this front view picture would be in the physical center of the box.

What is located in the human body where that blue dot showing the Center Of Action of the Lungs is? It is hard to see because it is in the center of course, but the heart is where the blue dot is.

Now you geniuses know why the heart is where it is. The heart is located in the Center Of Action of the Lungs. Why would it be there? Because the lungs help the heart of course.

When a human being is exerting themselves, they need extra oxygen and blood. The heart can only do so much. But because the heart is at the Center Of Action of the lungs, when the lungs breath, their action assists or helps the heart.

That is why when you are exerting yourself, you breathe heavily. The action of the lungs adds it's force to the pumping of the heart, so the heart can pump stronger. The physical forces of the pumping lungs, could be thought of as turbocharging the action of the heart.
        ------------

You know? I should get a Nobel Prize for that.

Comment

I cannot remove the original post because there is no edit button for it for some reason.

I was forced to split the post into multiple posts because I was having trouble with multiple images. Still, even though you have to go post by post, and you have to skip a page, if you keep reading, you should feel the sense of continuity from reading, looking at picture, reading, looking at picture etc.

I was gonna make some comments about how no one had anything to say. After fixing things, a picture or two had a bad link, maybe people felt they did not get enough of the complete story to comment.

I don't know about anyone else, but I still remember this is about reverse breathing, what is it, is it real, what are they talking about.

Anyone have any kind of insight yet? You should see it after reading the post with all the pictures. The idea behind what reverse breathing could be. The theoretical idea anyways. There could still be lots of talking about details maybe.

Comment

I have no patience to wait for replies. I move very fast and will forget about this if I don't do it now.
            --------------------------------

After all of the previous posts described the physics idea of the Center of Action of a group of physical movements, and how the Center of Action of the movements involved in breathing could be treated as the center of the lung, it should be clear what the butt breathing or stomach breathing is. Or what the eyebrow breathing that someone was joking about is.

First a series of pictures to summarize the first post.

It seems pretty obvious that stomach breathing would mean moving the Center Of Action the lungs down to the stomach. The Lungs don't move to the stomach, and air does not enter into the stomach and then move to the lungs in stomach breathing.

The Center of Action of the physical forces involved in moving the lungs to intake and expel air, moves from the physical center of the lungs down to the stomach.

So of course Butt Breathing is moving the Center Of Action of the lungs down to the butt. The lungs don't move to the butt, and the butthole does not take air in and move it to the lungs.

In Butt Breathing, the Center of Action of the physical forces involved in moving the lungs to intake and expel air, moves from the physical center of the lungs down to the butt.

The eyebrow breathing that someone was joking about would mean moving the Center of Action of the Lungs to the eyebrow. If you think about it for a second, you will understand that you could breath with any part of your body. Your feet, your fingers, your head, or your ears could all be the Center of Action for the Lungs. They could all be legitimately called foot breathing, finger breathing, head breathing or ear breathing.

This is one of the things the high level kung fu man does. He moves his Centers of Actions about his body at will. The Center of Action of the Lungs is not the only Center of Action in the human body. If you think about it, you will realize that any physical movement of the human body must have it's own Center of Action. A high level kung fu man can move any of these Centers of Action to any part of his body.

------------------

I will put some pressure on Doc by saying that I think he should have something to say about this, other than "intriguing". I would expect it to be some type of anatomy related question. Doc orignally spent a lot of time discussing the anatomy of the body.

If someone told me about this Center Of Action stuff, my first instinct would be to pull out an Anatomy book and say, "Look. There is no continuous physical connection between the musculature and tendons that surround the lungs and move them, and either the stomach or the butt. So even if this Center Of Action thing is true, I don't get it. There is no continuous muscle or tendon connection between the butt, the stomach and the lungs, so how do the butt or the stomach, in real life, not your fancy theory, move the lungs?".
            Last edited by mbokohutu; 12-31-2007, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Oh boy! You know I have to ridicule you over this.

The material is so far over your head, that you have been rendered speechless. Go on! Admit it.

Comment

well, i am speechless, but not the dumbfounded and impressed kind of speechless, more like the kind of speechless that happens when a "special" person walks into the room.
                "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Cross
                  I'm of the opinion that if reverse breathing has so many advantages over normal breathing, ie. magic powers and immortality, then through the natural evolutionary process people would already be breathing like that. Whats more beneficial to survival than living forever with super chi powers?
                  Laziness. Its easier as people get older to use the larger muscles of the chest to breath.

Also reverse breathing is not an all the time sort of thing. It allows you tap into your essence easier, and therefore doing it too much you can burn out your jing and damage your kidneys, thus shortening your lifespan not lengthening it.

Its good for specific circumstances but you shouldnt be trying to use reverse abdominal breathing as your regular breath method.
                  Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Originally posted by mbokohutu
                    I have no patience to wait for replies. I move very fast and will forget about this if I don't do it now.

I will put some pressure on Doc by saying that I think he should have something to say about this, other than "intriguing". I would expect it to be some type of anatomy related question. Doc orignally spent a lot of time discussing the anatomy of the body.

If someone told me about this Center Of Action stuff, my first instinct would be to pull out an Anatomy book and say, "Look. There is no continuous physical connection between the musculature and tendons that surround the lungs and move them, and either the stomach or the butt. So even if this Center Of Action thing is true, I don't get it. There is no continuous muscle or tendon connection between the butt, the stomach and the lungs, so how do the butt or the stomach, in real life, not your fancy theory, move the lungs?".

The crazy part, is that except for things being poorly named i understood all of this. But you're dead wrong if you beleive the connective tissue of the diaphragm is not connected to the ribcage and the pleura, and your dead wrong if you think the pelvic floor is not connected to the diaphragm.

Even anatomically these structures are linked.

Just dont call it butt breathing, its perineal breathing. If that taint a problem for you.
                    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

ddj, one thing i like about you... if you're gonna say something, you always make sure its good.lol
                      "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Originally posted by daodejing View Post
                        The crazy part, is that except for things being poorly named i understood all of this. But you're dead wrong if you beleive the connective tissue of the diaphragm is not connected to the ribcage and the pleura, and your dead wrong if you think the pelvic floor is not connected to the diaphragm.

Even anatomically these structures are linked.

Just dont call it butt breathing, its perineal breathing. If that taint a problem for you.
                        There you have it folks. Someone independently verified what I am trying to say. You could breath with your butt, because there is a physical connection between the butt and the diaphragm.

No, air is not going into your butt. But your butt muscles can pull on your lungs via the diaphragm, to help your lungs pull in air.
                        -------

If you believe in perineum breathing, why not butt breathing? The butthole is directly behind the perineum? All you would need to do is move your concentration backwards a few inches and use those muscles.

Comment

Originally posted by master splinter View Post
                          well, i am speechless, but not the dumbfounded and impressed kind of speechless, more like the kind of speechless that happens when a "special" person walks into the room.
                          I see your head is still all bone.

The lower part of your face wouldn't happen to be narrow would it? Your face has a sort of V shape look to it?

Is the top of your forehead at the same level as the top of the back of your head? Or is the top of your forehead lower than the back of your head?

You must wonder why I would ask those questions, and what relationship there would be between those physical observations, and your personality and thought processes.

But then again, maybe there is too much bone.

Comment

So now it's physiognomy and phrenology. If it's bullshit, Happeh probably believes it. (And thinks he invented it.)

Comment

happeh???????
                              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

my butt breathes!!!

it exhales quite frequently.

especially after i eat bean burritos...

Comment

Working...
                                X