No announcement yet.

Shaolin Temple UK Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol Arhat, nice picture. Just noticed it.

And I thought you said you were gonna let it go...

Comment

LOL at that avatar!

dave
      simple and natural is my method,
      true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

Yeah, i'm interested! I'd like to know why WKK charges so much dough too? Why does he need all that money? Is it because he wants to be a filthy rich "derren brown" mind controller or is it because he actually needs the money and teaches authentic good shaolin kung fu? I'm looking forward to monday...
        help me, i'm confused

Comment

Hey, its expensive to disperse clouds.

And Arhat, I used to part my hair like that... LOL
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

listen...

...just so you guys know....I'm a *little* sensitive about my looks...so...you know, just a word to the wise...lay off the physical appearance comments. I mean, it's not easy being big and brown like this, covered in a thick matte of hair. Birds are always trying to land on you, Vietnamese farmers are constantly trying to get you to do THEIR work, you really have no way of wiping your ass, and the flies....oh god the flies....

If you even think about trying to learn gong fu, forget it. It takes you like 15 years longer than anybody else and all you do is train train train physically with no easy way out, no cloud dispersal (except for if you fart and swish your tail) and no distant chi transmissions.

So I'm a little sensitive about the hair thing, okay?
            "Arhat, I am your father..."
            -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Arhat,

From all the water buffalos you're the most beautiful. The parting of your hairs gives you such an english gentleman touch, and when you're moving your tail around...mmmhhh...that's very exciting.
              So don't worry about what they say.
              Attached Files
              Don’t take life too serious, as you won’t get out of it alive anyway.

Comment

I've been posting on the wahnam website. I'm begining to see what you mean. They're very defensive and manipulative. Almost cult like. All these rules and regulations and proper way of doing things. Very controlling. I think, like you maestro, they've put me off training with them. Do you reckon they might be a cult? I've heard of martial art cults before. I mean a destructive cult. I can't be bothered to speak to them anymore, they're all so high and mighty...

Still, let's see what wooden says about their training. It's a shame. After reading Wkk book on shaolin it looked so convincing and like it really works...shame
                help me, i'm confused

Comment

i know

i know, my advice to you is dont disregard his books

they are(i feel) a valuable source of information..because i think wkk really wants that bread yknow

and hes obviously done his homework..

i still cherish most of his books..some are not so good but most of them are very good sources on their respective subjects

dont disregard the information is my advice

and i dont know or care if they are a cult, its possible and probable..i just dont like wasting my time thinking about it

it cant help my training in anyway, and its none of my business what other people do..

gl bungle

peace
                  "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Hi folks

I post on the Wahnam forum and consider some of those as friends in exactly the same way I post here and consider those of you I've corressponded with as friends.

I have my own opinions about WKK, some of his teachings (based on what I picked up from his students) and the flame war that went on here.

I'm not going to discuss them any further than to say, I think my views would piss everyone off. That's how I know I'm holding a "middle of the road" opinion in any controversy and am not leaning toward one side of the other.

Its a lot of fun being me.

Anyway, I'd like to hear wooden dummy's (is that the right name?) review. Come to think of it, pity he's in England - I'd like someone to do the same thing at the karate school where I teach.

Mark
                    Karate/Jujutsu at Akron Shaw JCC

Comment

why is it

why is it the only time you post on the new forums its to defend wahnam..

sorry if im coming off as sensitive it just seems that way to me..

you were becoming a pretty regular poster on the old forums and this is like your second post overall after the new forums been active for what a month? month and a half or somethin?

Comment

Re: why is it

Originally posted by Maestro
                        why is it the only time you post on the new forums its to defend wahnam..
                        Well, I've obviously drunk of WKK's special chi enhanced, cancer curing, mentally soothing, cloud dispersing Kool Aid and have become a true believer. Up with Wahnam, down with everything else. I'm going to fork over my $1000 and fly to Malaysia today.

sorry if im coming off as sensitive it just seems that way to me..
                        Sensitive? No.

Jumping to conclusions? Yes.

you were becoming a pretty regular poster on the old forums and this is like your second post overall after the new forums been active for what a month? month and a half or somethin?
                        This is not my 2nd post, but thank you for caring enough to count. I responded to several threads after the first move to this forum was made. Then some kind of technical problems occurred, my login disappeared and I couldn't find threads when I got it back.

Then the forum went pretty quiet, I joined a mixed martial art forum that consumed some of my time, I worked all kinds of overtime, went on vacation and then busied myself with preparing for a karate demonstration I gave at my son's elementary school.

Did all this stem from my writing "I think my views would piss everyone off" ?

Ok. What I meant was "I think my views would piss off Wahnam supporters and detractors"

I hope that clears up any confusion.

Now I'm going to get silly because its Friday, its payday, the demo went well and is over, I've got a 3 day weekend, this whole thing strikes me as rather silly and I just want to screw around.

What do you think has been going on Vince? Do you think WKK is paying me to defend Wahnam on the 'net? Do you think I'm some kind of Wahnam plant? Or did you believe the Kool Aid comment from above?

Not that its any of your business but I do have a life outside of the MA forums in which I participate. BTW, do you want a complete list of them so you can check for conflicts of interest? How about the programming and technology forums I'm on? Oh yeah, I started swimming in October and have posted to rec.sports.swimming, is that significant somehow? I also browse ebay.

Thank you for this little break with reality, I really needed it

Mark

Comment

i dunno what your talkin about..

i dont think your a plant or anything

i just was interested in your post..

i dont care what you do, it was just interesting to me how you went from this forum to that one all of a sudden..just like the rest of them did

one minute they are here, they get ridiculed because they say..well the dumbest shit alive..and then they leave..and so do you..

and i dont think you have any ties to wahnam i dont really care even if you do, ive made it pretty clear what my feelings are towards that org

all i was asking is why you left

try not to freak out in the future

guess thats not possible with you wahnamites though huh?

lol

Comment

Re: ..

Originally posted by Maestro
                            [B]i dunno what your talkin about..

i dont think your a plant or anything

i just was interested in your post..

i dont care what you do, it was just interesting to me how you went from this forum to that one all of a sudden..just like the rest of them did

one minute they are here, they get ridiculed because they say..well the dumbest shit alive..and then they leave..and so do you..

and i dont think you have any ties to wahnam i dont really care even if you do, ive made it pretty clear what my feelings are towards that org

all i was asking is why you left
                            Oh. Sorry, I misunderstood.

I didn't leave so much as I didn't post because of the problems with my user id, trying to get everything sewn up at work so I could go on vacation, going on vacation, my involvement with a programming project on the side outside of work, the fact the forum was pretty quiet, getting caught up in the fun and games at www.mixedmartialarts.com ,spending some time studying The Fighter's Notebook and organizing the demo for my son's school. This, in addition to the stuff I normally do: teaching, training, trying to be a good father to my son, trying to maintain a relationship with my wife and trying to squeeze some stuff in for myself.

try not to freak out in the future
                            Oh I usually go ape every couple of months. This time it was when I was typing. I'll ask for stronger meds.

guess thats not possible with you wahnamites though huh?

lol
                            No Vince, you just bring out the best in everyone

Mark

Comment

No Vince, you just bring out the best in everyone
                              Yes, he certainly does....

(Vince has been quite amusing since he's joined us. We're quite proud of him. Most of the time....)

LOL,
                              doc
                              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                              russbo.com

Comment

~~~ty ty ty~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X