No announcement yet.

Lohan forms, help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theres performance this weekend at Shaolin Temple UK?

Can you please give me more info? Id been keen to turn up....

Cheers!!

Comment

Hei Hu,

Hengxin used to be Guolins Head instructor. Did you know him? He left about two years ago. You said "I know Guolin's new disciple, as I trained with him in China." Or is that that person that took over for Hengxin? Where did you train with him?

Comment

The same masters from YanZhang's school that performed at the millenium dome, are performing at Shaolin temple Uk this Saturday and sunday (Sept 5th and 6th) and they are doing 2 performances in the afternoon each day. I don't know exact times yet, but you can call Shaolin temple UK for more info.

I did not know HengXin, but Guolin's new instructor is HengShan. He was at YanZhang's school in Denfeng while I was training there. I never trained with him personally, but would imagine he's pretty good. Our nickname for him was "Hard Bastard" if that gives you any indication of how we perceived him. He performs Black Tiger claw in one of Guolins instructional videos, that are available through his website.

Comment

Last I heard Guolin had a young man named Justin as his head instructor. Is this HengShan the same person. Justins been teaching there since around the same time Hengxin left.

Comment

Thanks Hei.

Go for it Jay, call the temple and get the times. I went there last year, it was good, you get to see some of that stuff up real close. One thing that annoys me is that you never ever get to see Yanzi perform. Dunno why he never performs. Not more then a minute anyways. I least I never have. Damn.

Comment

Can anyone sneak a camcorder in?
              practice wu de

Comment

Bah, that's another thing. They never allow private recordings. Though they always seem to take their own, which seems to imply that they'll compile their own vids, in which case it'll probably be put on the net at some point. But I'll ask anyways...don't think they even allow pictures.

Comment

I have no idea who Justin is, but it's not HengShan. I found out HengShan went to Guolin, because I was surprised that he was not performing with the other masters from YanZhang's school at Shaolin Temple UK. I asked the guys why HengShan was not with them, and they told me he went to teach with Guolin. That's all I know. He must have just gone there within the past month or so.

Comment

I"ve got videos of those performances.
                    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                    russbo.com

Comment

I"ve got videos of those performances.
                      Oh, the ones that haven't happend yet..lol.

I've seen the two or so that are in the video section.

I would like to be able to contribute more to the Lohan discussion, however, don't know any lohan forms. Did any get transmitted into the BSL lineage? Another thing to do is look around for some of the "folk" masters around shaolin, there are a few from what I hear, they supposedly have some very good Shaolin too.
                      practice wu de

Comment

confused

So what is supposed to be the most traditional of the lohans that are still known and praticed. Also wanted to know about the xiao, yi+er, and the other ones which was created from which. IN another post someone said shi yan ming specialized in a lohan what type is that.

Comment

At Cyberkwoon.com, if you are a member and post enough to get download credits, you can download the 18 Fists of Arhat/Luohan.

Comment

Xiao and Da Lohan (two parts) are the two traditional Lohan forms that are currently taught at Shaolin. There are more, few, if any, know most of the other ones. You can see these forms here in the File Library, I think, in the slideshow section. You don't need download credits to view them.
                            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Thanks Doc.

The downloadable manual in PDF format from cyberkwoon supposedly comes from book of traditional sets. Have you downloaded or seen it? I'd like to hear your opinion. Thanks very much.

Comment

I've seen it. If you like those typically bad Chinese drawings of the human form doing stuff, then it's for you. Deqians book is full of it. Personally, I get nothing out of it.

I have the 18 Lohan positions on the site. Just remembered. Somewhere in the Shaolin Gong Fu section. Been meaning to put videos of the Jibengong on too.

One of these days.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X