Lohan forms, help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks once again!

In your opinion, is this form the traditional version of Lohan Shi Ba Sho?

Comment

I do not have Lohan Xi Ba Sho, or however you spell it, on the site. As I've discussed before, somewhere else in the forum, there are 18 forms to this larger form, and few, if any, monks know the entire thing.

I can try to get it on video the next time I go to China. Which, may be soon.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by doc
        Let us know what you find out. This really could be interesting to explore. I've told you guys all that I know, other than putting up the entire Da Lohan on the site.
        Would you put up the complete form, or is it only to be kept for more advanced students?

Also, I always read about 18 Lohanquan being the original form. The form I saw was performed by Shi De Yang I think small 18 Arhat(Lohan) fist, I was surprised not to see any of those Buddha adoration postures. Are these later additions in the forms?

How does this form relate to the big 18 Arhat fist (does this have those postures?) and other Lohan forms.

Any help is appreciated,

Jon
        "Bye Book!" - Ven. Damo

Comment

I'll put it up if I can find it. Problem is, as I've said before, I think few people know the entire thing.

As for the Deyang form, I don't know. I'd have to see it.

There are "Lohan adoration", or more specifically, Buddha parts, in Da Lohan, Er Lu.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

If I understand correctly, there are 2 different lohan quans on this site, one in the slideshowsection, and one in the videosection. The one in the slideshowsection is what I understand to be "Yi Lu Lohan Quan", First set Lohan fist, and the one in the video section is the first half of "Er Lu Lohan Quan", Second set Lohan fist.
            If I understand it correctly, this should be 2 of the 18 forms of lohan?

Comment

No. Er Lu Da Lohan is not on this site. I doubt you'll find it anywhere, few people know it. I really should rename that video, it is not a good representation of Yi Lu Da Lohan. It is a form that has Lohan components, that's all.

russbo.com

Comment

lohan

If I understand correctly, there are 2 different lohan quans on this site, one in the slideshowsection, and one in the video section. The one in the slideshowsection is what I understand to be "Yi Lu Lohan Quan", First set Lohan fist, and the one in the video section is the first half of "Er Lu Lohan Quan", Second set Lohan fist.
                No the " the video section" is an "abridged" version or an "extract" of "the first part" of "Er Lu Lohan Quan".
                "Lohan Che Ba So"(18 hands of lohan) is another form ...

Many monks seems to know (or heard about ) the 5 forms (and only abridged version): Lohan Duan Da, Lohan Shi Ba So, Xiao Lohan ,Da Lohan (Yi Lu), Da Lohan (Er Lu).

I which that someday we will have all the 5 in their complete version videotaped so we may never loose them.
                They have so many hidden things in them (external application and internal energy diffusion - chi ). Repeating them (the part you may have learned) make you discover many levels through out the years of practice.
                And what you discover by accident is more intersting that what is obvious and eaven if you dont discover it
                it's there to help you when you neet it (it you lohan in your attitude, you undersand ? remember that it
                has been created for defending youself)

So keep practicing what you have learned because when another part of the form is diffused it will seem natural
                to discover what you may have though about before or you may find in them natural answer to questions
                that you have though about during practice.

Best regards

Comment

Hi;

This is Sal Canzonieri, who wrote all those Chinese KF research articles for Wushu Kung Fu magazine and the Han Wei Newseletter, etc.

You do so have the 18 Lohan form on this site.
                  You have it named the wrong thing.
                  You named it Shaolin Quan, but it is the Shi Ba Shou form.

I have researched this form for many years and it is not some amalgamated modern form,
                  it is the same form taught by surrounding areas to Shaolin and it is taught the same way
                  all over China.
                  It is a two person form, you show the first half, or the first person side.

Comment

so....if the "shaolin quan" clip is the first person form, perhaps the "shaolin quan 2" clip is the second person form?

Comment

Don't think so. They were named "Shaolin Quan" because he didn't know the names for the forms. And the second person side of the form "Shaolin Quan" isn't practiced as a form alone. People rarely learn the two person form to it anyway. But if you think about it, any form could have a defense side to it and then made into a two person form. Except maybe for forms that change direction too much. But then it could be made into a 2 on 1 form.

A mi tuo Fo
                      -Xing Jian

Comment

You're right, that's not the second side.

I know the second side of the form, it has some
                        "Crazy devil" moves in it.
                        It's to do both sides.
                        It can be done as a solitary form with slight adjustments.

Comment

I meant to type it "fun" to do.

Actually the second side is the Offensive side.
                          It's the attacker's side.
                          It has cool moves not normally seen in any Shaolin forms,
                          but I have seen them in the Mi Tsung Lo Han forms,
                          the Crazy Devil forms.

Comment

Doc,

You should put some clips of your kung fu on the site.

Comment

How about some clips of you moving to Florida and forgettin about your friends.

Comment

Wow relax dude. I'm busy trying to get back.

Comment

Working...
                                X