Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNIQUE Training Methods, self discovery?!?! ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is fine, and I dont' want to get a debate on it either, if you wish I would be happy to discuss it with you, in a pm, or another thread.

I think tree climbing would be good, also bouldering where you walk up high hills.
    http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

Comment

Also, i got to work on my upper body strength before I'm going to be able to do that. But it's a requirement to be able to climb rope for the belt test, so.. Work on this machine that you do pull ups on that you can subtract weight.

Comment

Some people in the weapons class I go too, practice breaking down boxes with one strike, I just rip them open with my bare hands. Another person practices getting tubes out of a lazy river water park. I've been doing alot of box folding lately at Dominoes.

If you really into climbing get a pet monkey and go climbing with it.

I was thinking once once's tired it's probably like they are drunk. I've gotten that tired sometimes. I was wondering how would a wounded tiger fight? Kind of like a drunk monkey? I don't have alot of endurance, compared to other brown belts, so it would be interesting to be able to spar like that.

It's good news to hear, that if it's hurts you probably doing something wrong.

Comment

Nobody smart tries to fight like a wounded animal. The only intelligent use for that is to lure someone in, and then start fighting like a healthy animal.

If you want to learn drunken gongfu start drinking. Tiredeness and drunkenness are completely different.
          Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

It's interesting to read what you gys had to say about getting high and then training. I can tell you guys know more about chi gong and gong fu than I do, but isn't the importance of chi gong getting OXYGEN into you to help you develop your chi? Smoke is primarily carbon...but, you guys were tlaking about mental and whatnot, I can't really discuss that with you, since I don't do it. Interesting, though....
            Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

I don't drink. But, you may become wounded. Which incase fists are suspetible to injury. Elbows, and knees, hmm I think is something to put in the back of my mind.

Comment

I'm a christian, and I stopped meditating after strange stuff started happening to me and that.
                As A christian, I can't be possessed (I don't think) but, It leaves me open to attack.
                Lets just say regardless of what you people might think
                If theres a spirit that comes in contact with me, and it isn't one from Jesus, it certainly doesn't like me.

Comment

When I mediate, I focus my mind on my breathing, or envision myself running faster. Therefore my minds not really open.

Comment

What you meet when meditating is yourself. You contain the spirit of jesus and also many other spirits. If you ignore things that you don't like and cling to things you take to be good, you are sure to remain a blind man for the rest of your life.

Comment

i contain your spirit mother****er!!

Comment

I thought when you meditate you are supposed to leave your mind in an open state and try not to think about anything at all, since that is the highest state of consiousness or something like that.

Comment

How can you think of nothing while trying to think of "nothing"?

It's good. Practise. "Nothingness" is a tricky thing to understand.

Comment

well I can practically get there
                            but it scares teh crap out of me.
                            when you have practically no thoughts in your head....
                            its kinda creepy, makes me feel kinda open to things almost.
                            you don't "think" of nothing, you just forget about everything, you just don't think.

Comment

i still think jack daniels is oh so much quicker.

Comment

He who shuts his eyes, closes his mouth and shuts off his ears is sure to remain healthy all life, and gain immeasureable enlightenment.

I doubt a jack on the rocks will do the trick... hmm, maybe just a question of quantity... but then again, what do I know. You tell me.
                                I prefer Malibu anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X