Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow

Comment

amitoufo, If you are in China or want to train in China and learn the art of Shaolin Boxing, Sanda. Shi Xing Ming teaches this. This is a picture of him teaching 2 of his current students here in China. IN addition to the basics and the sparring here, there are opportunites to spar with chinese students in Deng Feng that is arranged by Shi Xing Ming. There is also a tv show that is on every saturday night and they highlight and feature sanda competion sparring. They have had foreginors on this show and fighting sparring against chinese opponets.

If you are interested in more information regarding Shi Xing Ming you can see his profile and biography of his school and himself on WWW.aboutshaolin.com or you can email him at shaolinmonk_gongfu@hotmail.com

amitoufo
      Attached Files

Comment

This is a picture of Shi Xing Ming demonstrating a proper sanda kick while his student holds the pads.
        Attached Files

Comment

He looks like he's wearing Muay Thai shorts.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

Well there you have it, there's no WAY he's Shaolin!

Comment

Sanda == Muay Thai kicks + Boxing Punches and some very basic Shuai Chiao throws that can be executed with gloves on.

Comment

shorts?

amitoufo,

The shorts were a birthday gift to Shi Xing Ming from a student last year. So he wears them and remebers his student that studied with him for several months. You can actually buy these shorts in Deng Feng. They sell them in almost every weapons shop! He likes the color, doesnt care what is says. He is a sanda master as well as teaching his forms and weapons. WHen it comes down to it. It aint the clothes now is it that makes the man? Or in this case the master!

Peace

Comment

Those little stools in the background don't look very accomodating.
                  Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Re: shorts?

Originally posted by shixingrui
                    amitoufo,

The shorts were a birthday gift to Shi Xing Ming from a student last year. So he wears them and remebers his student that studied with him for several months. You can actually buy these shorts in Deng Feng. They sell them in almost every weapons shop! He likes the color, doesnt care what is says. He is a sanda master as well as teaching his forms and weapons. WHen it comes down to it. It aint the clothes now is it that makes the man? Or in this case the master!

Peace
                    Dude, i hope the sarcasm was laid thick enough, but just in case: i was kidding.

Comment

• You should see me sitting on one of those little stools, LOL. I've got a picture somewhere...
                      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                      russbo.com

Comment

• I've been seeing quite a few Shao Lin monks wearing Muay Thai shorts. That's a bit odd. I don't see Muay Thai kickboxers wearing monk robes or Karate Gi's. Sure, it's not the clothes that make the man. But that's still odd for them to do that.

His student needs to work on that kick although his is pretty nice. I enjoy doing San Da. But I feel this isn't the way to put Shao Lin forms or anything to use. It's not really Shao Lin style. I like just wearing small gloves with fingers and that's all. Then just go at it. Free sparring. That way you can actually use Shao Lin Gong Fu. Some people say San Da is a ripoff of Muay Thai. I don't think that. But I definitely don't think it's using Gong Fu. Just punch, kick, sweep, basic shuai jiao, and Muay Thai looking blocks.... no Gong Fu.

A mi tuo Fo
                        -Xing Jian

Comment

Working...
                        X