No announcement yet.

Mortal finally my high level kungfu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sometimes you two are so sweet.....if we just added a little suger... M&M could probably turn ito a big fat pumkin pie. ahhhhhhh...
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

how about i kick your ass in the inferno

and its pumpkin, get it right
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

does that mean we can call you Pumpkin now? I like it, it's cute.

Pumpkin.
        Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

Change the tag under his name like you did mine.

Comment

Form Name

For what it is worth, the form is Xiao Hong Quan (Little Red Fist/Small Red Boxing, etc). Or part of it anyway - the video starts about halfway through the level 2 version of the form and ends a few steps from the end. It is a traditional Shaolin temple form.

Comment

I always imagined you...taller.

There's a little bit of lack of balance. and in some cases the limbs seem to flail a bit more than they need to.

All in all, it ok but i have to know how long you've practiced this (XHQ) form for.

Comment

Oh, to avoid confusion, no - that is not me in that video, either!

Comment

dogchow108

That is not any of us in that clip. lol

I found a clip of Maestro!!! Check it out! Broadsword and double broadsword.

Since it is hungar it lacks the flash of the northern styles. But it is much more effective in the streets.

Comment

theres some real hung ga dao play for you

dunno what that other crap was

Comment

Mortal, the videos you post are the friggin saddest things ever.

But they make me smile. Thank you!

-edit-
                      Just saw Maestro's video. Big difference. Only, why is he leaning over so much? I've never been introduced to this form...is that how you're supposed to do it?
                      Last edited by LeiYunFat; 12-07-2005, 12:21 AM.
                      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

ive seen the lam family do that once and awhile, its wierd. i have no idea why, but its obvious through most of the form his spine is straight, he doesn lean over a few times maybe for added reach i dunno

ive learned hung style via 3 different lineages and i still cant explain everything..things like this i have noticed before in lam family i just figured it was preference.

this is double broad sword set although ive seen others that look different, most style hung ga teach the pek gwar dao and thats what most people are used to, as for his double broad sword, if your structure and energy are correct u can deviate from the shape a little to suit your personal preference, if u watch his structure is very good, but he seems to add his own flavor to the form, it can be seen in the footwork, just looking at the form i know i would do it differently, but if 2 masters do the same form regardless of preference u should be able to point and say oh thats bong bo or oh thats sup ying etc

Comment

btw u said i never been introduced to that set, that mean u practice hung kuen to?

Comment

Well...kind of. I've learned what my uncle calls fook fu kuen-- I've learned that's a hung gar form, and the form I know and some forms I've seen have many similarities in movement and overall nature. I'm not sure it's completely legit. But I've also studied a little bit of choy lay fut-- I was about to get into weapons when I stopped getting lessons. I've studied enough so that I know my way around, but I'm by far nowhere near having a huge wealth of knowledge.
                            Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

well..fook fu kuen doesnt neccesarily mean u train hung ga. for one heres some shaolin history for you.

fook fu kuen means taming the tiger fist(fook"taming" fu"tiger" kuen"fist"). in hung ga the first of the 4 pillar hand forms is the "gung gi fook fu kuen" which is taming the tiger in an I pattern.

now what i mean when i say your not neccesarily doing hung ga is even though the names sound familiar is well, the gung gi in hung ga is a form hung hei gwun modofied from his training at shaolin temple under gee sim sin see. in turn, wong fei hung and lam sai wing later modified it after adding more to to the hung style system, for instance the modern day "gung gi fook fu kuen" taught in lam family(and most others) is a compilation of techniques from the original "gung gi fook fu" "fu hok seung ying kuen"(tiger and crane double pattern fist) and "tid sin kuen"(iron thread fist).

in shaolin there are alot(or used to be..still are though) of "taming the tiger" forms. and there still are alot of "taming the tiger" or fook fu kuens in many systems. the reason for this has nothing to do with tiger techniques. infact gung gi doesnt really have that many tiger techniques, they are there but so are crane and snake etc and the elements.

"taming the tiger" is symbolic. in shaolin the monks associate the human body with the tiger, the mind is associated with "lung" or dragon. so, when you are taught the "fook fu kuen" and you have mastered it, you are saying, ok ive mastered myself and all the functions and abilitys of the body. this is also why in "gung gi fook fu kuen" there are the 5 elements and 5 animals. the 5 elements are associated with different organs and their function. mastering control of these is very important in shaolin gung fu, for instance the 5 elements are wood,fire,water,earth and metal(or gold "gum"). wood is associated with the liver, fire the heart, water the kidneys, earth the intestines and metal the lungs respectively. the 5 animals are moreso for different expressing different energy and combat strategy. the tiger uses raw power and quick techniques along with many qin na and grappling techniques. the snake utilizes the soft power and goes around energy much like wing chun which is usually represented by the snake and crane, the snake uses quick piercing attacks to vital points emphasiseing mastery of qi circulation and qi energy behind strikes. etc etc

now thats just brief overview, 5 elements also refer to different methods of using power also, but the energys expressed using the 5 elements also correlate to the individual organ and strengthen them. fire is fast and relentless and works on cardio, water is smoot and smashing and when water techniques are done correctly will create a gentle massage on the kidneys aswell as qi energy originates from the kidneys in CMA, therefore water technique will strengthen and utilize these natural abilitys.

but, alot of people falsely misunderstand the 5 elements aswell, many think, water counters fire, wood counters metal or whatever. in many cases they very well can be this isnt the correct way to look at it, infact while fighting you should use all 5 elements at once and have no differentation. i dont want to go into this more because this post getting real long and i just wanted to inform you about your "fook fu kuen" or "so called" HUNG GA!!

in the end i would have to see it.

Comment

That was a nice tradiotnal double dao form.

What I personally don't like about that style is the stiff crisp movements. I guess that is why I train wushu and prefer this

Comment

Working...
                                X