Several Things on Shaolin Gongfu...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baojian
    I know just under 70 forms of northern and southern styles. That's including weapons and all the forms I know all together.
    dude...can you link us some information about your martial art? im not joking man, the things youre saying sound very sadly familiar to me, id honestly like to know what styles/forms you're practicing, i am not trying to undermine YOU personally as a martial artist.
    Last edited by dogchow108; 06-18-2004, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• What bad situation am I in? Nothing at all. You may say as you wish. But it means nothing. You don't know about it. So why I am in a bad situation?

I'm getting a website for my school soon. When I do, it will be posted on here. Not a problem.

Comment

• I know the story you are refering to dogchow108. But why is it impossible for someone to know these styles? Doc said De Cheng knows well over 80 forms. I doubt it's not true. And there are many people in the world who have accomplished more. Many people are fakes like your former teacher. Which I'm sorry that happened. But just cuz there are bad people in the world, doesn't mean there aren't other real martial artists in the world who can accomplish those things. I have trained in martial arts all my life and now own my school. That's all I do everday. Besides posting online. (about gong fu) It's my hobby, my job, my life. I'd be a failure if I didn't accomplish much in all the time I have for gong fu.

Comment

• you should try adding tae kwon do to your repertoire, just for fun.

lol, sorry, i'll stop...

Comment

• Ha!, Zachsan...

Baojian- yes, you've practiced all your life...so have at least 4 other kids i know now learning under a complete fake. you wouldnt believe the distance people would go, man. All i'm saying is it sounds weird to hear the following:

"I know just under 70 forms of northern and southern styles"

can we at least get some names of these forms? I'm not putting you on trial here, man, im really just curious as to what you teach/what your teacher taught you...or who he was for that matter.

"What do you mean what style of Northern Shaolin? Both Northern and Southern actually. All the fist forms. 5 animals styles etc. "

That one sounds extremely familiar to me too...

Comment

• I hope you are not comparing yourself to Decheng.

Also knowing a form and mastering it are to completely different things.

Unless you have trained all day every day from when you were a child you couldn't have mastered all those forms.

I know 10 forms well and that is a lot. Nevermind knowing northern, southern and everything inbetween.

That is why everyone is asking about it. No disrespect intended.

Comment

• I wasn't comparing myself to De Cheng's skill. I'm not going to. But why is it impossible? He's human, I am human. Why couldn't two humans accomplish the same thing? He is a master of his forms and he knows much more forms than I do. Just because he's a monk doesn't mean he has supernatural gong fu powers. He's human. If anyone practice the same amount as he did. Even outside of a temple. They could get to his level. Besides that, I haven't seen him fight. Have you? And you haven't seen me fight either. So we can't say. And don't forget, he is human after all. If one human can accomplish something, then that shows other humans can accomplish the same. So don't talk about monks like they are above human.

My teacher was grandmaster Song. A 9th duan in China and Korea. He did both northern and southern Shao Lin. As well as praying mantis. Also did Chen and Yang styles of Tai Ji and taught Xing Yi to the advanced people. Although I didn't learn those styles from him. I stayed with the external Shao Lin and mantis styles he had. I trained with him all my life. 6 hours a day of training with him and then going out with him at night for dinner and hearing his talks. His philosophy. I'm quite dedicated to it. And have been all my life. So what's the reason in all that time of doing nothing but gong fu that I couldn't learn 70 forms and do them as well as another HUMAN who has done it? No reason at all. In fact if I couldn't, I wouldn't have my school. My teacher chose to pass his school on to me over his own children...

Comment

• I wasn't talking about fighting. My money would be on Decheng for the record.

He is a human that trained way more and way harder then the rest of us humans. Including yourself.

The fact that you are enthusiatic about your training is cool. If I were you I wouldn't brag about knowing all those forms. Any kung fu guy would be instantly skeptical.

Knowing many forms is not reason enough to have your own school.

As a matter of fact one of the monks I trained with only knew 10 forms. Even if he knew 1 his kung fu was spectacular. His power generation was incredible. Unless you are a human training under the most extreme brutal conditions for 8 hours a day you can't compare yourself to them. Are you saying your training was comparable to the wushu students in shaolin?

Also the systems you know are all very different with very different basics. You mean you have mastered all the basics from these different systems? Again with all due respect it is hard to believe.

Comment

• Ok, feel free to disagree, but knowing a form or two, or even mastering a couple of forms from a style, doesn't mean you've mastered a style ......does it?

I've met a wushu athelete who knew over 100 forms, admittedly he's never showed me all that he knows. But he himself admitted he just knew some of the forms. So it's possible that someone could know a large amount of forms, even perfect a large amount of forms, and the teach them all.

Unless I've missed something there seems to be an assumption that because someone is claiming to know all these forms from this style and that style, they're claiming that they've mastered each of those styles.
                    Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Comment

• What you're saying is silly. You know De Cheng has trained harder than me? Were you watching me train? I don't think so. And yes I trained many hours a day as well. The only difference is a monk has a shaved head and wears a robe and lives in a temple. I don't. That was completely silly for you to say that he has trained harder than me. You have no idea what you are talking about.

And I wasn't bragging about my styles and what I know and mastered. If you look back, people asked me. So I told them. That's how this started. It wasn't me bragging about whatever. It was simply answering a question. So once again you don't know what you're talking about.

Comment

• BaoJian- hey, look man, im sorry if you felt i was attacking you. ill just get off the subject and just whenever the page comes up, send me a link. im honestly just curious about your art, but i can totally understand why you seem to be losing patience with us.

i apologize for any trouble i might have caused. just wanna keep things cool, anq quit before this gets stupid.

Comment

• It's all cool. I'm ok. I just think it's silly to say one human cant train as much as a monk and get that good. Why not?

Anyway, I will show that site once I get it...

Comment

• well, and thats just the thing. i disagree with that whole premise and thats why i decided to get off it.
                            thanks.

damn were posting a lot today!

Comment

• what organization gave your teacher the 9th duan? it just seems strange to me, since most traditional chinese schools don't use belt systems. not all, but most.

Comment

• I believe there was a post from Doc on some thread talking about how the Chinese government started a rating system. A lot of monks did it. It's a government thing for teachers. Not every other school...

Comment

Working...
                                X