Thoughts on war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um.. OK guys... settle down... lol.
    When I was 14, I knew everything, when I was 21 I knew that I knew everything, now at 25 I know I didn't know crap then but I know I know what I know, and thats what I know.
    practice wu de

Comment

• You're 25?

Good for you. Enjoy it. It doesn't last long.

And, by the way, you'll be surprised at how much you learn as you add on the years.

Oh, and Dave, I'm ready baby. COME GET SOME!

Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

• that would be Cheyes job not mine

dave
        simple and natural is my method,
        true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

• You're 25?
          yeah, I'm a youngin'

Been through a bunch, but still pretty naive. I go by the circle of knowledge logic.. the more you know, the more you realize you don't know jack. Especially now that I'm dating an older woman, I realize some stuff, that I didn't before, and as far as not lasting long, it seemed like yesterday that I found this site.. and that was back in the pre updated update days.
          practice wu de

Comment

• i win! for now, heh..im 22.

its okay tho, guys, ill act like i dont know everything for the forum's sake

actually im dating an older woman too..heh, cheers shaolinstylee.

older people are cool...you can learn a lot from them...but people who are way too old just gripe and cause accidents.

Comment

• Ah, wish I was 22 again... oh, wait, I'm still doing the same old stuff..
              practice wu de

Comment

• you know I was thinking about it and since we went to war based on false pretenses, based on a guy who falsely won the election does that mean they have to let saddam go? wouldn't that be weird? I mean they went over there he had nothing and we said he had a ****load of weapons. turns out he's got some mustard and some gasoline which I guess rumsfeld might describe as "mustard gas". so if there's no weapons to be found aren't they supposed to let the guy go? I mean believe me I'm not siding with him it just seems that to be fair to everyone it's pretty much a case of guilty until innocent in hussein's case.
                "Hasta la vista gray davis you're being totally recalled" - The Governor of California

Comment

• how long have we been in Iraq? if someone gave you that long to look for a needle in a haystack, you're more likely to find the needle than you are the weapons in iraq....and thats assuming they havent been moved elsewhere.

also, the subject over whether bush won the election "fairly" or not is a debate, not a fact, which implies that even though you're not siding with him you are defending him on very little.

Comment

• oh theres no doubt saddam was a piece of scum and needed to go - where most reasonable and thinking muslims ive met disagree with is how it was done and the damage they have caused in iraq doing it... not to mention who they have picked to head this "government" which has about as much chance of democracy happening as my own fart

dave

Comment

• in person, every muslim disagreed with THAT the war happened, not really how. but yea i guess on the government part i agree, in fact i thinnk it dosent really matter who you put in charge there, its still going to be a typical middle-east country.

Comment

• basically yeh - most ive talked to (heaps) said they didnt think the US should be there, but that Saddam needed to go one way or another.

From what i can tell of Iraq, its another example of how the US conducts its "international relations" - the people who are interested to be "employed" by them may not neccessarily be the best for the actual job. Same with Afghanistan and the Northern Alliance when you had people like Abdul Haq give up his life (he was captured and murdered by the Taliban) for what he believed in, and what many Afghanistani people on the ground believed in too. Yet he got no support from CIA or anyone, including them scrambling a single chopper which could have airlifted him and his team out from Taliban territory and perhaps helped them continue their work. Instead the whole country was bombed.

dave

Comment

• yea...the way the US actually goes by doing warfare is not a world class example. when i heard "operation shock and awe" i kinda jumped my seat...but the truth is im still glad it was done somehow and i dont think as of now that we have done it in too aweful of a way.

Comment

• hmmm.... the thing that scares me is the fact that the US military didnt seem at all prepared to be taking control of a country - like they expected everything to still be standing and working after al the bombing and shooting going on. Whereas right now from friends who have relatives in Iraq all i hear about is looting, gangs, bandits, militias and so on, i know that they are more scared now than they ever were under saddam - and that must really be saying something!

dave

Comment

• hmm, yea maybe they should be more scared under the US occupation, i mean now they have to worry about being kidnapped by thought police, having their schoolgirls raped, having "traitors" ground up in wood chippers, especially those cocky Kurds. man, seriously they had it good under Hussein. i bet the families of Iranian troops from the Iraq-Iran war are also pissed that he's gone.

Comment

• lol

what i was trying to say is that yup, hussein was a bad and wicked man (im not trying to defend him at all by the way he was scum), but at least his crime was organised. Unlike now when you have so many different militias and islamic political groups running around mindlessly looting places. If you read some of the blog i posted before here --> http://www.riverbendblog.blogspot.com/ Just even the first page you would see exactly what a normal everyday iraqi girl is encountering and thinking about. Shes around my age (im 24). Especially read the Friday February 13th and Sunday February 15th posts.

dave

Comment

Working...
                                X