Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lipeng International Tournament this Saturday and Sunday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo qiero Taco Bell.

Doc, i met your friend Gene this weekend- interesting guy. He gave me this cool little orange clippie thingie from Tiger Claw...

it was nice.

Comment

Hey.. we did not get any orange clippie thingies....
      Last edited by Steve; 08-02-2004, 07:44 AM.
      I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
      "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
      "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
      "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

umm...did i say he gave me an orange clippie thingie?

i actually meant to say he waved at me with a long-range rifle-thingie...yea thats it...

Comment

Dogchow108 said: "Yo qiero Taco Bell."

Dammit Dogchow. Damn you. Did you really have to revive that damn chihuahua's fame? Damn you. lol.

On a side note, I met Gene too, at Li Peng's tourney in Jersey last Saturday; seemed nice enough. I too, however, did not recieve a cool orange-clippy-thing... hmmm... it's a conspiracy, haha...
          a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

Steve, we're not worthy.

Remember, all we did was bring Gene two monks to photograph for his magazine. Little orange clippie thingies were not part of the deal.

I shall be more careful in the next business adventure.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

had to read a lot to catch up, fortunately most of it was just the usual laughing at all of doc's jokes.

meat, i stand corrected if they do say they're warrior monks.

even so, i stand by my statement that they don't really need to challenge anyone or defend themselves, because other people do it for them. arhat, whom i've respected since i read his raps in the forum archive, doesn't hesitate to defend his teacher in argument. and it's generally less well-known martial artists (like what's-his-name mentioned above) that challenge other martial artists to matches. you get big in this business by being mysterious, not with adolescent dick-wielding contests. this guy didn't know that, but now the mistake's been made. let me know if he ever gets famous, i won't be holding my breath...

anyway, the whole defending-your-teacher thing is a very old chinese tradition, and, while it's outwardly honorable, it's not without its inherent sneakiness. a good master (in MA, and, more importantly, in business), just keeps his mouth shut and lets other people do the dirty work. it really depends on your frame of reference whether you see this as honorable or cowardly. i take the position that only the individual himself can know his true motivations, but i refuse to take part in it.

Comment

Originally posted by meattosser
                Dammit Dogchow. Damn you. Did you really have to revive that damn chihuahua's fame? Damn you. lol.
                I've always imagined to myself a mexican family sitting in front of the TV and an ad comes up that says, "New from America- Taco's!"

Comment

Doc- what do you mean about DeShan's tenure at Shaolin?

Generally, has anyone here ever trained with the guy? How do you think he rates as a teacher compared to other teachers in Houston?

Comment

Zach said: "you get big in this business by being mysterious, not with adolescent dick-wielding contests."

Hahaha, now that's classic. --in a reporter's voice-- 'In a related story, MeatTosser has invited martial artists around around the nation to the first annual dick-wielding contest.' "I think there'll be plenty of dicks who'll show up at this tournament!", Meat exclaimed with enthusiasm...

Zach said: "...i take the position that only the individual himself can know his true motivations, but i refuse to take part in it."

But yer quick to yap about it, lol. (Haha, just pokin' fun, man.)
                    a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

dogchow108 said: "I've always imagined to myself a mexican family sitting in front of the TV and an ad comes up that says, "New from America- Taco's!"

Hahahaha, exactly man, exactly. I think I'd run up to the one who did the commercial and beat the **** outta them, hahahaha.

Well dogchow, I don't personally know DeShan, and I don't know how long he actually stayed at Shaolin Temple, but he does seem to have some solid fighting skills.

On a side note, it's kinda funny, I got that Arnold-with-Santa-Hat (McBain) picture randomly, but I could do a killer Arnold impression myself, haha. Strange coincidence I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by meattosser
                        But yer quick to yap about it, lol.
                        always. until someone agrees with me 100%, down to their choice of words.

remember meat, use the schwartz...

Comment

You should do an arnold competition with my friend Justin- he's posted on here as Beckhead once or twice...

this could get ugly.

Comment

Ha, sounds fun. Bring it on.

Comment

that doesn't surprise me, if some of the early stories are to be believed, that he had to be 'coached.'

some of the early nymfc rumors had YC and YM teaching him forms.
                              "Arhat, I am your father..."
                              -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Working...
                              X