X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inevitable
    right now his trench is over 8ft high, and he can easily jump in and out
    Originally posted by onefocus
    to be able to jump over an 8ft gate, you are going to have to work on a 2 to 5 year jumping plan.
    if you want to jump over an 8 foot gate, you are going to have to hope for a big trampoline at the bottom.

inevitable, let me guess, you've never actually seen SXH jump out of this trench, nor have you measured the trench.

Comment

the world record for the high jump is 2.10 meters, or about 6.89 feet. that's the most height anyone has achieved while arching their back to clear a bar, not how high off the ground they could lift their feet by bending their legs, which won't get you as much clearance. also, that style of jumping doesn't let them use their feet to land, so they land on their backs on inflated air bags.

so, if you could high jump over a 6 foot gate, assuming said gate were outside, you would probably land on your back on concrete and break a few major bones. which would kinda defeat the purpose of the martial gate-jump, i think.
      Last edited by zachsan; 03-01-2005, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zachsan
        if you want to jump over an 8 foot gate, you are going to have to hope for a big trampoline at the bottom.

inevitable, let me guess, you've never actually seen SXH jump out of this trench, nor have you measured the trench.

no i haven't seen him personally do it, but i've seen pictures of him, but when my shi-hungs went to train in hungry they saw him do it

also my shifu has seen SHX jump on top of a bus, but then again i trust him fully

Comment

It's off to the Olympics, then? If he high jumps while flipping his body, that is like 10 feet.
          Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

judging claims about the miraculous should be much different than judging normal stories that you hear every day. for instance, when my trusted friend tells me that he saw a big car crash earlier, i believe him, because i have no reason not to. but if he were to tell me that he saw someone jump 10 feet into the air, i would have reason not to - namely, such a thing is outside the realm of physical possibility.

this isn't to say that i would trust him any less in the future. the truth is, a number of factors other than honesty come into play when it comes to miraculous events. there are any number of things the person could have seen wrong, and aside from that, there are lots of reasons why he might not remember it correctly, or why he might not tell the whole story every time. this usually isn't a reflection on his character as much as it is a reflection on his beliefs; but my point is, don't believe something this crazy until you've seen it with your own two eyes; and even at that point, make sure you have all the information.

Comment

Monks don't attend the olympics.

Comment

zach, there you go again with that agnostic, ish. LOL, beyond the realm of physical probability is closer to the truth. shaolin monks and others of great reknown, have proven repeatedly that they are not of the avarage brand of people. however, i think the greater point would be what do you need to do, that would require you to jump 8ft or more. i've seen manuscripts, where masters discuss jumping over peoples heads, so as to escape and/or not allow someone to get away. and that in itself, would require some pretty good skills.

anyway, remember this, people can do amazing things in different circumstances which are out of their control,

what would make one assume that amazing things cannot be done under the concious control of the mind???

just because we dont see people jumping 8 or 10 feet in the air every place we go, doesn't mean people cant do it. we certainly cant see the air we consume, but we do it everyday, quite unconciously at that. that means that there is a portion of the three % of our brain that we do use, that governs this ability for us. who really knows, what the other 97% is capable of??

truth of the matter is, if you look into your skills bank, i'll bet that you can find some kicks that seem impossible, or maybe some throws, or maybe a guitar lick. can you??

everything that is unimaginable, is not impossible.

peace

onefocus

Comment

oh, my butt****ing GOD, please not this again...

Comment

Originally posted by dogchow108
                    no one is forcing you to read it

Comment

zach, there you go again with that agnostic, ish. LOL, beyond the realm of physical probability is closer to the truth.
                      no, it's not. the human body just isn't made that way.

shaolin monks and others of great reknown, have proven repeatedly that they are not of the avarage brand of people. however, i think the greater point would be what do you need to do, that would require you to jump 8ft or more. i've seen manuscripts, where masters discuss jumping over peoples heads, so as to escape and/or not allow someone to get away. and that in itself, would require some pretty good skills.
                      olympic athletes are not the average brand of people, either, only they're willing to put their skills to the test and prove them.

that means that there is a portion of the three % of our brain that we do use, that governs this ability for us. who really knows, what the other 97% is capable of??
                      humans use 100% of their brains. and even an infinite capacity for abstract reasoning will not make you jump higher.

truth of the matter is, if you look into your skills bank, i'll bet that you can find some kicks that seem impossible, or maybe some throws, or maybe a guitar lick. can you??
                      physically impossible? no.

Originally posted by asger
                      Monks don't attend the olympics.
                      exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by dogchow
                        you know you love it.

Comment

if we indeed did use 100% of our brains, you would be able to have an internet forum conversation without the physical internet. besides, it is interesting to note how we can marvel at mans thecnical knowledge and abilities, but we cannot acknowledge the spiritual side of life. people said the pyramids were impossible, people said the moorish battles 1453, were impossible. people like to talk ish, because they have a hard time believing what they cannot see, or something hasn't crossed thier minds. but I'll leave it alone with this thought. " Thought is the cause of it all".

everything you know, or think you know, comes from a thought somewhere outside of you. because like it or not, we aint that original. if someone who is willing to put their skills to the test, come up short, doesn't mean that everyone is limited to comming up short. and the people who "prove" themselves, dont speak for everyone, either. to me, if it has been proven, that a man can jump 6ft, then it is possible for a man to jump 7,8,or9ft. people break records all the time. it is just sad that my little circumscribed mind cannot fathom the full extent of human capability. zach, i love your conversation, but i believe you were one of the people that helped to kill jesus.

peace

onefocus

Comment

when conversations like this happen only one thing crosses my mind the saying that something is impossible only when you believe or say it is impossible.

Comment

lol...

if we indeed did use 100% of our brains, you would be able to have an internet forum conversation without the physical internet.
                              nope. that's science fiction my friend. humans use 100% of their brains, and there's no mechanism of the brain that enables telepathy, psychokinesis, or jumping 10 feet into the air.

people said the pyramids were impossible, people said the moorish battles 1453, were impossible.
                              i don't know what you're talking about with the moorish battles... but we know how ancient egyptians built the pyramids, and there was nothing paranormal or "impossible" about it.

everything you know, or think you know, comes from a thought somewhere outside of you.
                              nope. i know that i can walk on the ground because i can and i have. there is no "thought outside of me" involved.

to me, if it has been proven, that a man can jump 6ft, then it is possible for a man to jump 7,8,or9ft.
                              i don't doubt that's what it means to you. but unfortunately that doesn't make any sense at all.

drum roll please......

zach, i love your conversation, but i believe you were one of the people that helped to kill jesus.
                              CLASSIC!!
                              Last edited by zachsan; 03-02-2005, 05:16 PM.

Comment

NO ONE CAN JUMP EIGHT FEET. I trained with every monk in Newyork for many yeas. They all have great jumps. No where near eight feet. Give me a break.

Chinese sifus like to tell story's. They back each other up even when they KNOW it isn't true.

I look forward to the day when you wake up and realize these guys aren't superhuman.

Comment

Working...
                                X