No announcement yet.

interesting fallout from Iraq invasion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't it funny to here America accused of racism. We have people here from every country. We have learned how to all get along. That is why our country is the super power that it is.

These arab states have schools that teach children to hate. Yet I never here that mentioned.

All the hate and racism you think you see is in your own head. I wonder what color the sky is in Linientreu's liberal german world.

Comment

I think that racism is found everywhere- its just that its funny for me to see the places where racism either today has much more powerful results or places that once had them accuse the US of the kind of racism theyre accusing them of.

same thing in Israel.

i'll have to look for it but i have a quote of Nelson Mandella accusing Israel of racism because most Israelis are "white" and the arabs are "people of color". Putting aside the fact that this bloodthirsty asshole has no place to talk about racism in the first place, all you need to to do is be in Israel for an hour to see how accurate this arbitrary demographic estimation really is. to illustrate this, this summer before my girlfriend (taiwanese) came with me to Israel, she asked me what Israelis look like. i really couldnt amswer because there seriously is no really "dominant race" there. at least not one i could point to. Israelis just look, well, like people. the interesting thing is, 99% of people who came to help us in clothing stores and places like that addressed her in Hebrew, and did so before addressing me. keep in mind she's as asian as can be. the point of this is, theres people of every color, religion (which i'm sure the Bahai sect are grateful for), ethnicity you can possibly think of- anf theyre ISRAELIS who speak the national language, and are afforded every right that white, black, yellow, whatever other Israelis have. some minorities even enjoy privileges that other ethnic groups dont- Bedouin are allowed to marry up to 4 women.

I can understand why Americans are angry when people accuse them of racism the way they have been here because my country get that kind of rhetoric every damn day. either it's the president of south africa, or its some other idiotic statement made by people who simply arent qualified to make these judgements in the first place (the presidents of Turkey and Malaysia, both muslim countries, are also good examples).

to quote an earlier post:

2. i hate arabs/ iraqis because i'm american, they're all terrorists
      3. i hate muslims because i'm christian and/or because they're terrorists

I challenge this person to show that the American side of this comparison is ANYWHERE near as racist as the other one, as far as national standards AND general population. Either that or at least balance this out by making unfair, characteristic remarks about the other side as well since they dont 'affiliate' themselves 'with, try to represent any or play "this country is better than that one'.

about america being a colonialistic power...jesus i wont even go into that. even saudi arabia, the heart of hatred in the middle east, made it a point to give the US oil concessions PRECISELY BECAUSE they did not have the colonialist characteristics of the British at the time. this whole "colonialosm" thing reaks of Chomsky and Finkelstein and is a popular tool in Al Qaeda brainwashing.

Comment

Chomsky's Peace in the Middle East? , which appears to have been published in the year following the Yom Kippur War in 1973, is not so much ...

dogchow- I agree with you 100%
        "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

Comment

Chomsky is amazing with the garbagr he's written.

I know it makes me sound arrogant when i talk to people about him, but hes seriously someone you just can't trust for a source. a good example of his abuse of influence is the fact that he's a linguistics professor lecturing in a politics class. then theres that divestment petition- jesus, dont even get me started on that.

Comment

Man, heh, I haven't replied to this section in while eh? I'm missing lots of good debate on the forum I guess haha, I got plenty to say on the subject like always, but damn; once I get more time, I'll start yappin'. Dogchow, I applaud your passion on the subject, but there's a lot to this I could tell you don't know about.
            a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

I would love to see what you have to say...just dont do anything that will make me kick you out of martial arts!

Comment

Dogchow said: "...just dont do anything that will make me kick you out of martial arts!"

Hahahaha, yes, dogchow, for you are a respected grandmaster indeed, and your word is gospel. Ha haha. Well, gotta go catch up on some good reading, heh, I'll try to post something deep and provocative later, lol.

Anyway, as always, keep an open mind, and stay strong people, peace.

"...I don't see the difference in between the wrong and the wrong,
                Soldiers emptying their clips on little kids and their moms,
                Are just like a desperate mutha****a strapped to a bomb,
                Humanity's gone; smoked up in gravity bong,
                By a Democrat/Republican Cheech and Chong,
                Immortal Technique, you never heard me preach in a song,
                I'm not controversial, I'm just speaking the facts,

Put yer hands in the air, like you got the heat to your back,
                And shake yer body like a baby born addicted to crack,
                And since life's a gamble like the craps tables at Vegas,
                I freestyle my destiny, it's not written in pages..."

-Immortal Technique, Hip-Hop Artist from Harlem, NY (from the song 'Leaving the Past')
                a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

*pulls back leg...*

Comment

"...I don't see the difference in between the wrong and the wrong,
                    Soldiers emptying their clips on little kids and their moms,

If that is refering to our troops. The most ignorant ass backwards thing I have ever heard.

Rap has really gone down the tubes between Jay z and all the other no talent rappers. I can't believe how it has stopped evolving as an art form. The only good rap is old school rap. With the exception of a couple of more modern songs.

Comment

Hey, we have new heroes to emulate. Gangsta rappers. The future of our society.

All hail!
                      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                      russbo.com

Comment

Doc even though your joking it is on the money. Truly sad. That some played out primitive rapper rhyming the words crack and back would be worthy of being quoted.

Not only that but as simple as the style is most of it doesn't even truly rhyme. Just bad pronunciation making the words sound the same.

He is preaching in the song. Meaning he directly contradicted himself.

Comment

I dunno, i dont think its necessarily bad to quote anyone- functionally, quotes are supposed to get across what you think. its just that in this case, it really seems to say that there is no distinction between a regular army and a terrorist. this is not good, and quite frankly im disappointed with how far this menatilty has gone into people.

Comment

Word. Typical left wing liberal bull. Like our soldiers are over there knowingly blowing away women and children.

I am just pissed that a crappy rapper like that would get quoted for anything.
                            If the only way to get your message across is to quote a rapper please pick a good one in the future. lo

Comment

mortal man, you can't call him a crappy rapper cuz you don't like his lyrics. if i read on a piece of paper the lyrics to "i can't get no satisfaction", i might be unimpressed. but that song ****ing rocks! and so do the rolling stones!!

Comment

Perfect Response...

Mortal said: "...Doc even though your joking it is on the money. Truly sad. That some played out primitive rapper rhyming the words crack and back would be worthy of being quoted..."

Doc said: "...Hey, we have new heroes to emulate. Gangsta rappers. The future of our society. All hail!"

Mortal: "Not only that but as simple as the style is most of it doesn't even truly rhyme. Just bad pronunciation making the words sound the same."

Hahaha, this is exactly what I was expecting. Okay, Mortal, apparently you're not informed on Hip-hop as a culture too much, (and Doc even less, lol) it's okay though. I consider myself pretty knowledgable on Hip-hop culture/music so I'll clear some things out here:
                                - First off, to Doc; okay Doc, let me just say off the bat that I HATE most mainstream TV rappers. Let me emphasize that again, most mainstream rappers ****in' suck! Too many people confuse corny ass rappers making "shake ya azz" songs, into thinking they actually do real hip-hop music. Cheesy rappers like Chingy, J-Kwon, Nelly; the only way I could put up with their music, is when I'm in a club where there are lots of nice looking women. That's it. Any other situation, **** that. Now then, Immortal Technique is NOT a "primitive, played-out rapper". He's totally independant, he gets no TV marketing, NO magazine marketing gimmicks, and no cheesy "Right Thurr" voice gimmick. He still reps the B-Boys (breakdancers), graffiti writers, and Turntablists. His style is straight up, balls out Hip-hop. So it was pretty much irrelevant to call him "played-out", he gets no play on the public radio waves, haha. He's gotten several deals from major 'Record Execs', but they wanted him to switch up his style (basically they wanted him to dumb down his lyrics and make more "party" joints). So he rejected it and decided to with Viper Records, an Independent Label. His type of music still respects the old-school heads like KRS-ONE, Gang Starr, Rakim, Masta Ace. And a lot of the old-school heads have shown him love. He's not really regarded as a so-called "gangsta rapper", but that's the first generalization that Doc thought of when he saw the word hip-hop. See what I'm saying? The perception of hip-hop on TV is crap. That's why Immortal Technique is also blatantly anti-MTV and anti-bling bling. He has a song called "Industrial Revolution", look it up on the internet. He said it himself in an interview once, most of his stuff you can just download from Kazaa, lol. (He was also featured in a special documentary/collaboration of artists called "Project Overkill, **** The Industry.")
                                Also, mortal, as far as him "not being able to rhyme", sorry, maybe that wasn't the perfect song to showcase his skills. I wasn't trying to showcase his skills. It was more for the words he had said in that verse that I thought were a little 'food for thought'. He's an incredible lyricist by the way, if I wanted to show more his tremendous wordplay, I would've offered songs like, "The Point of No Return", Creation and Destruction", "The Prophecy", "Internally Bleeding", "The Rebel", stuff like that. Don't just take my word for it though, this guy has won almost every single battle competition in the New York underground. (In case you don't know, Battles are when 2 MC's go head-to-head in a verbal assault trying to insult each other in the most clever ways and all that.) He's one of the most respected underground MC's out there today; he stands out even when next to other great artists like Brother Ali, Tonedeff, C-Rayz Walz, Breez Evahflowin, Poison Pen, Saigon or even "Jigga Man" Jay-Z. I respect this guy a lot, because whenever he writes a song or "spit's" on the mic, he puts his heart in it. I met this guy myself a while back was he was doing a West Coast Tour (his first time in San Diego), and there's nothing fake about him. He was touring with another MC named Majesty, and they were both very intelligent, outspoken, and straight out down-to-earth people. You see, hip-hop as a culture has always had, social activism, and a powerful, conscious message here or there. Sadly though, companies try to make something more "marketable" (namely, to Suburban, teenage white girls yelling "OH my god! Its Eminem!". Usually, the same ones who think P. Diddy is a rapper), and the by-product of that is corny ass mainstream rap industry with no soul but lots and lots of marketing.
                                I guess my point here is, NEVER, EVER judge a book by its cover.

PS. Just to let you guys know though, I don't mean any disrespect in any way; I understand that one will only know these little details if they are big hip-hop fans, so I understand if you didn't know every single little detail that I put out and all that, heh heh.

Comment

Working...
                                X